“Good for short stays”

Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at the hotel from Sat, 6/22-Tues, 6/25/13. Nice sized rooms with some wear and tear but clean and run very well. Two of us in room and appreciated separation of sink from toilet and bath. Staff is TERRIFIC! Only issue I had was the smell from the pool chemicals that would hit you as you waited for the elevator or hung out in lobby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
ffblue, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and thanks for share your concerns about the pool door location.

Thanks,

Emi Grigg and staff.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Traveling for business, this is a regular stay for me. They do a good job. It's clean, but a little dated. The staff is attentive and the comp breakfast is fine but dining room fills up quickly. There are a number of other hotels on the strip for pricing is competitive.

Like all mid-priced business hotels they do not have enough electrical outlets where you need them in the rooms. HEY GUYS think 2 outlets by the bed, OK?

I don't watch a lot of TV when traveling but I do like to catch The Daily Show and Colbert Report rather then the local news. Unfortunately no Comedy Central.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank NewEnglandSalesGuy

Dear Guest,

We happy to be sharing that we will be doing a full renovation and we will be having the electric outlets. Your feedback help us to improve our services.

Emi Grigg and staff

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel was fine. Typical hotel room with 2 beds and a bath. We were just needing a room while on the road and this worked fine. It was easy to find and the rooms were clean. We showed up after 9pm and left by 9:30 am, so we really just used the beds and shower. Both were fine. The only complaint is how small the breakfast area was. There is only 5-6 tables and a lot of people came in and had nowhere to sit. They either went back to their rooms or ate in the lobby. The breakfast was a typical Fairfield breakfast with fruit, cereal, biscuits, danishes and waffles - yum. I would stay here again for an over night trip if I was in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank S N

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again in your next one night stop in Gastonia area.

Emi Grigg and staff

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Comfortable enough for one night, but would not want to stay there for several. Limited and not very tasty complimentary breakfast selections. Hotel was clean, but a little outdated. Carpeting needed to be replaced.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ffblue, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Trip Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott have a new hot breakfast menu for 2013. Our property will start serving in June 2013. Also our location is schedule for full renovation late winter 2013.

Greetings,

gm.cltgs@jhmhotels.com

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I usually stay at this hotel 3 to 4 times a month under my brother associate rate; however my experience March 16, 2013 was not pleasant. I checked in around 7:00 pm with Lauren, which she was wonderful as always. I asked for a late ck out for 1:00 pm from Lauren and she was able to grant my request. The next day around 12:00pm the hsk (Mariah) knocked on my door and I suggested to her that I had a late ck out and I also had a no disturb sign outside my door. I do not fault the hsk I actually think that there was lack of communication within the Front Desk (Melody Seymour). After I received the knock from the hsk, I receives a call from Melody Seymour at 1:00 pm stating that I had a 1:00 pm late ck out and I needed to leave the rm because the hsk needed to clean the rm because they had a large number of guest cking in. I do understand and respect that fact, but I informed Melody I was running late and if she could give a few minutes that would be great. I finally gets out the rm about 1:20pm and go to the front desk to pick up my deposit, which I spoke to Melody about the situation. I told her I was disappointed with my stay being the hsk had disturbed me at 12:00pm and then she called at exactly 1:00 pm, and I told her I had work for Marriott hotels before myself and I am aware of the policy and procedures. She told me that she would call my mgr if I kept speaking to her about the problem I faced. Melody was very unprofessional and inconsidered of my needs. I am a loyal guest, but she treated me as if it did not matter because I was staying under a friends and family rate. Melody need to be retrained in customer service because it bothered me alot that I being treated poorly. I hope my experience with my future stay be much brighter and better as I see Fairfield Inn as the most comfortable resting hotel in Gastonia. I hope this matter is addressed soon as possible because it is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lanisha O
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I usually stay at the beautiful Courtyard next door but it was sold out last time I was in Gastonia. I don't recall staying in a hotel where the guest is treated with such care and attention. I remember Melody and David among 2 of the associates I came accross. They both made me feel at home and were always very friendly and attentive to my needs. My room was spotless and felt fresh, the be is just wonderful. Best price value in town if you want my opinion, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Gastonia.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ffblue, Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Trip Adviser Guest,

Thanks for your feedback during your stay with us. We are glad that Melody and David make you feel welcome and give you the service that will make you want to return.

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable beds, very nice staff, breakfast is as expected for Fairfield Inn. No complaints. Rooms are also well lit and the window opens. Would recommend this if you need to stay on a budget, but dont want to sacrifice value.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank TravelsnobCRA
ffblue, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to provided your feedback. We are glad that your stay with us and we helped you to staying on budget.

Thanks,

gm.cltgs@jhmhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Comfort Suites
#6 of 15 in Gastonia
Best Western Gastonia
#5 of 15 in Gastonia
Eagle Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia? Share your experiences!