“Very nice place to stay.”

Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vermilion, Ohio
“Very nice place to stay.”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at this Fairfield Inn for 3 nights this past weekend on our visit to the Charlotte NC area. Very nice, large room. King bed with couch that was a hid a bed and very comfortable. Easy checkin, friendly and helpfull staff. We were on the 2nd floor by the elevator. The room was quiet, very clean and bathroom was also very clean. Plenty of bedding and pillows. The hotel interior was clean and fresh. The breakfast was very good. Waffles, biscuts and sausage gravy, toast, bagels, cereal and more. If you cant find something to eat here you need to go to a restaurant and order something. We definately will stay here again on our next trip to this area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Found this by accident and love using it for the great senior rate. I usually stop here 2 times a a year . Very nice and great protected parking.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta area
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stopped here a couple of times as a stopping place on trips. Not bad, pretty clean. Probably can't do better for the price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed August 28, 2011

While this is an older property its very clean and spacious. We did have one problem with a leak in the air conditioning unit. They moved us next door into a nicer room. Already had upgraded us to a King plus room. Front desk lady was very gracious and helped us relocate. Even tried to get someone to fix the problem before relocating us.
She seemed very concerned about the problem. I wish they were all this nice. BTW this hotel is near many restaurants including a mall with many more.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cambridge, Ontario
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times for work and just realized that I have never reviewed it on Tripadvisor. I have lots of hotel choices when I come to the Charlotte area for work and I always stay here. I am a Marriott rewards member but it isn't just that. This hotel has a great rate and it is in a good location. Staff is always helpful and friendly. Property is clean inside and out. The location works best for me as it is just off I85 and it is close to a mall, many restaurants and shops as well. The continental breakfast is ok, nothing great. Room is a little outdated, i.e. old tv etc but it is clean. All rooms have a fridge, microwave, hairdryer and coffeemaker. The beds are so comfortable, I always get a great night's sleep!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I'm not saying this hotel is dangerous or seedy, but it's kind of like gambling when you stay here: sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Stayed there for a sports tournament. When I checked in, the room that was on my reservation was not the room they attempted to give me. I had my wife, who was pregnant at the time, and my 5 year old. They gave us a room with one bed. We asked for a roll-away, they wanted to charge us, and I told them, "No way since this is not our fault". We went to the room, the smallest one in the hotel, and there was no room for the roll-away. They said they had no extra rooms, because they were full. They offered a room that was being dried out due to the heavy rain (they were honest about the room) but my wife's heightened olfactory senses would not allow us to stay there. Since there was a Courtyard next door, I asked them if I could be switched there for the night since it was a Marriott property and we were not at fault for our room being given away. The lady at the front desk kind of hemmed and hawed and I asked to speak to the manager, who was at home. I called across the street to the Hampton Inn for availability and when I said aloud that there was room there, the Courtyard mysteriously became available (they originally told me it was booked). I went to Courtyard and got a nice room for the same price at the Fairfield Inn (thanks to the Fairfield front desk lady) and then moved back to the Fairfield for the second night of my reservation, which I didn't mind.
The problem was is that two other members of my team had fouled up reservations when they checked in. To this day, I'm still not sure exactly what happened.
In their defense, I will say that they did try and fix the problem. I just wished that they would have tried harder at the beginning.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank skipbroome
Asheville, NC
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This is not a great place to stay. The bed linens looked clean but the fabric covered seat on the desk chair was FILTHY. It looked as if someone had lost control of their bladder while seated.

The waffle maker in the breakfast area separated the top part of the waffle from the bottom part resulting in something you couldn't eat. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mountainview03

Travelers are raving about these Gastonia hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Best Western Gastonia
#5 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia? Share your experiences!