“Very Very nice staff!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Very Very nice staff!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stopped here with our family in the middle of the night while traveling and the guys was nice! It wasnt bad i dont think. The first thing I noticed when we walked in the hall way to our room was that it smelled very good. The appearance wasnt the best but it wasnt a dirty ran down place and it had a beautiful pool. We got a good night sleep and woke up and went to the lobby for breakfast and the staff was very very nice! She talked to us about our trip and talked to our children about our trip! Sometimes a nice staff can change how you feel about a place. I would def stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I should have noticed something when I walked to my room and the breezeway ceiling appeared to be falling. I walked into the room and the room wreaked of stale smoke, cat, and dog. I tried to make it work, so I went to the dated front desk and they gave me a small can of orange citrus scented air freshner. I sprayed and now it smelled like oranges, smoke, cat, and dog. I forgot to mention the mold problem in the bathroom! OMG!!!!!!!!! The worst!!!!!!!! So, I grabbed my suitcase and got the hell out of dodge....I'd rather sleep in my car and wash up at McDonalds before I sleep here.

Stayed February 2013

Travelers are raving about these Gastonia hotels

Barnstead
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

damaged doors, hole in bathroom floor where smoke came in all night, broken lights, light that worked had no shade, slider had been vandalized at one time and was not repaired and not usable, not a secured building which with the number of sirens we endured all night, was not a good feeling. So, although our room was non smoking as requested, the room filled with smoke during the night due to smoker below us and hole in floor. There was fire damage on the bedroom door, and the minifridge and microwave looked disgusting. I wouldn't let my daughter touch it.The front desk guy was nice but boy his hotel was awful. Never again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Staying here was like staying in a very run-down house. Few of the outlets actually worked, and some of the lamps did not work either. Everything was in need of repair, and looked as those it was cleaned by someone who needed a higher prescription in their spectacles.

That being said- the linens (sheets and towels), all seemed to be clean. However, I wouldn't vouch for the last time the bathroom has been mopped or the carpet been vacuumed close to the floorboards.

All this being said, if it comes down to it and you need a place to stop in Gastonia- and you can deal with a bit of rundown and dirt, this place seemed safe. It's an easy stop off the highway. Just don't overpay- it's not worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
BEST WESTERN Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia
No photo provided
Fairfield Inn Charlotte Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross

Been to Days Inn Gastonia - West of Charlotte Kings Mountain? Share your experiences!