“Not all rooms are equal”

Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We had two room booked, one for my husband and me and the other for my elderly parents. They were right next to each other, but worlds apart.
The next morning, my husband and I turned to each other and said in unison, "These beds are horrible." We had a terrible night's sleep.
Strangely, when we met my parents for breakfast, their first words were, "Wow, their beds are heavenly." We were confused, so went up to test their bed, and sure enough, it was wonderful. Either we got beds that didn't have the new Hampton bedding or someone had killed both the mattresses.
Otherwise the rooms were ok, but not as nice as many other Hampton Inns we've visited.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
GSTNCSales, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2008

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and we are delighted to hear that your parents enjoyed the Cloud 9 bedding in thier room. However, we are sorry that your stay was not so enjoyable. We can assure you that every room here has the same exact Hampton Inn issued Cloud 9 Bedding, as it was implemented all at one time in every guest room as part of a standard amenity offered at all Hampton Inns. Although most travelers absolutely love the bedding here, we understand that not every traveler will endure the same experience and same liking to the mattress. We do apologize for your inconvenience and appreciate your honestly greatly. Please feel free to contact myself or any member of the management team here if you'd like to discuss your stay with us. We would love the opportunity to make amends and hope that you will give us another chance to make a great impression.

Nicole Bolt, Sales Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2007

From Nicole who helped get 9 rooms for our 13U All-Stars to the house keeper I never saw, but who kept the room very clean and tidy...they all are great! I don't believe I have stayed in as well kept and friendly hotel. Everything in the room looked brand new. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. I highly recomend this hotel. The breakfast bar was excellent! Kutos to the staff and management!

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for the kind sentiments regarding our hotel. Your team was a joy to have and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed many of our amenities, but most importantly, our hotel staff. We strive to make a great experience for our guests. Please come back and stay with us the next time you're in town!

Nicole Bolt, Sales Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2007

We have just returned from a one night stay which we booked with our Hilton Honors Reward Points. We found the rooms to be quite comfortable. The bedding was great, and everything was clean and inviting. The hotel is well located off of Interstate 85, and within walking distance to several restaurants. I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn, Gastonia to anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank MSRuby-7
MNicoleBolt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for the courteous review of our hotel and your experience with us. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to made our "Guest of the Day" upon your next arrival. I hope that you will be back soon!

Nicole Bolt, Director of Sales
(704) 866-9090

Reviewed May 31, 2007

We stayed in Gastonia as an overnight stop on the way to an army reunion in Georgia.

The place was lovely, rooms large and comfortable.
Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet bountiful.

Plenty of restaurants in the area, however we chose one which was adjacent to the property and were able to walk to.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bill1937
Nicole B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. It makes me very happy to know that your stay was comfortable, and you were treated kindly by our staff. Please come back and see us when you are in our area!

Nicole Bolt, Director of Sales

Reviewed September 24, 2006

I stayed in this hotel 9/22/06-9/24/06. This is an average hotel. I usually stay in Uptown Charlotte for business. Naturally this hotel was not as nice as Uptown, but it was adequate. The bedding and pillows were comfortable. I didn't notice any stains on the walls. Yes, after the most recent comment I read on here I made sure to look. The carpet in the hallway looked in need of a cleaning and the room had a hint of a mildew smell. The staff was friendly and helpful. I might add that there were two ball teams staying there during the end of my stay so, I guess most people consider it an okay place. There are several places to eat within walking distance and the continental breakfast is okay, except when there are ball teams staying there and then you're lucky to get coffee, which by the way was also good. I even went down for coffee in the evening. I"m posting a few photos so you can see what we saw. The bathroom appeared clean. There were some loose tiles near the faucet and by the end of my two night stay ants had begun to make there way through the crack. I was satisfied with my stay. Not perfect but certainly not a dump.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank primetimewife

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would like to note that right after your stay, our hotel underwent extensive renovations in 2007. Rooms have been completely renovated, as well as our lobby and hallways. Although your perception of us was not as great as I would like to hear, we can assure that now you will fully enjoy the new and renovated areas. I hope that you will give us another chance to make a "new" first impression with you!

Nicole Bolt, Sales manager

Reviewed August 13, 2006

We as a family usually seek out Hampton Inns. They are typically clean, safe family motels. We pay a bit more to stay there because we have found their standards to be the same throughout the country. Until now!
This Hampton Inn was filthy ! As soon as you walk through the doors, you are greeted with a dirty (lots of garbage on the ground) old carpet. The place reeks of mold and stale cigarette smoke. The whole atmosphere is that of a place that is just run down! We were given a smoking room,despite my reservation specifically stating Non Smoking. The stench of the smoking room was nothing short of disgusting!
We were moved to a non smoking room. This one had a huge blood stain smeared across the wall, at eye level I might add. No way housekeeping could have missed it. My daughters screamed at the sight of it. I wanted to check out. My husband having spent 12 hours driving, he just wanted to crash. He cleaned the blood himself and we reluctantly stayed.
I might add that the doors did not lock easily, we had to reinsert the key after shutting the door for the key to lock. If safety is important to you and your family take note!
The staff, while polite was definetly of the overworked, underpaid variety.
The pool was actually clean and my daughters enjoyed that one bright spot.
There are also lots of restaurants and other motels nearby. Since this Hampton Inn is nothing more than a one star budget motel with a Hampton Inn sign, we would suggest you stay at one of the other places. They cannot be worse than this!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank WinfieldRDH
Reviewed October 24, 2004

Great hotel! The staff was very friendly, my room was huge, and everything was exceptionally clean. The bed was very comfortable (I've been consistently impressed with the beds of Hampton Inn), and the atmosphere quiet. Of course, the breakfast buffet was impressive, as it usually is at Hampton Inns. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2004
3  Thank jasamaud
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Best Western Gastonia
#5 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia? Share your experiences!