“Standard Hampton Inn...not a standout” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia

Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Roanoke, Virginia
“Standard Hampton Inn...not a standout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Staff is pleasant and helpful; room was comfortable and clean; walls are thin; breakfast the usual fare. The location is good, right off the highway. Overall, the experience is just what I expect from a Hampton Inn....that, in and of itself, deserves a very good rating.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Freddie088
Nicole B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
The Hampton Inn Gastonia would like to thank you for your kind review. Our staff works very hard to keep our hotel up to the Hampton Inn standards. I do apologize if you had any issues with noise, that is something I plan to bring up to see if it something that can be corrected. We hope to see you again next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chelsea, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel multiple times and it has always been very consistent - which is a plus! The rooms are clean, comfortable, nice staff and their breakfast is fine for the price. They have a nice location for easy on/off of the freeway and they are close to various restaurants (literally 20 steps from a decent steak house). There is a shopping mall directly across the freeway, so you can do some shopping if necessary. Will return for sure.

2 Thank travelinman6060
Thank you for such a wonderful review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and previous stays with us. We strive for excellence in all areas of our hotel and I am very pleased that you took notice of that. We hope to see you again during your next stay in the Gastonia/Charlotte area!
Woodbridge, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

It is a really nice hotel. It was very clean and the staff were very helpful. The hotel also let us have a quiet gathering in the hospitality area. I will definitely be going back next year. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Tammy J
Thank you for such a nice review! We were so glad to have your bowling group with us again this year, as we are every year. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again next August!
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at this Hampton Inn. The room was clean and comfortable. The furnishings were updated and stylish. It is family-friendly; I called my daughter upon my arrival to tell her to remember Hampon Inn when we are traveling with the grandchildren. I will definitely stay here again. I was here for family reunion and Hampton Inn was very accommodating to my family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nicole B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Cheryl F, thank you for the wonderful review! We are always happy when its family reunion season here at the Hampton Inn. We are very pleased with the stylings of our hotel and are happy to inform you that more small changes are coming within the next year. I also want to thank you for refering us to your daughter and are always happy to have children here. Hopefully we will see you and your family again next year!
Powhatan, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I just stayed at the Hampton Inn Gastonia. Very pleasant experience.
The room was nicely cooled when I got there. The bath was clean, nicely stocked with towels, shampoo, etc. In room hair dryer if needed.
The tv was new, large. The bed was acceptable - had no trouble sleeping. Was on the back side of the building so I did not hear traffic.
The breakfast was nice - well stocked when I got there at 7:30. The staff was very pleasant. Not a five star hotel but not a five star price either.

1 Thank Kathy B
Kathy B, thank you for your lovely review! We are very proud of all of our employees that work very hard to maintain our property. I am also glad that you enjoyed sleeping on our Cloud Nine sleeping system that is provided in all of our rooms. We hope to see you next time so you can enjoy our hot breakfast again!
Charleston, SC, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Dissatisfied with cleanliness of room. I found hair all over the bathroom, tub and shower as well as the HVAC window unit. The sink and mirror had hand prints all over them. A wet and used wash cloth was found in the tub when I went to use the shower. There were two disposable cups that appeared to have been used and placed back in the stack on non-used cups. The floor was not vacummed. Not sure if the bed linen was changed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Auburn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

The staff was very helpful from the front desk to the breakfast bar in the morning. The breakfast is nicely prepared and what I would expect from a Hampton Inn. The rooms were very nicely organized with the corner office area being a great addition. There are several good restaurants near the hotel with easy access to Interstate 85. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our breakfast is awesome and our attendants work very hard to make it feel like you're at home while you're visiting us. We do have so many restaurants in the area here, next time you are with us make sure to ask about our local restaurants which are great as well!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Comfort Suites
BEST WESTERN Gastonia
#5 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia? Share your experiences!