“Nice hotel”

Hampton by Hilton Charlotte-Gastonia
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Nice hotel. A couple restuarants close by. Clean rooms. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful with directions. I needed a pharmacy and they told me right where one was. The breakfast was ok, nothing special, but nice to have before I head out to meetings. I have stayed here before and would stay again.

Room Tip: Nice that Texas Roadhouse is right next door and they offer a 10% discount for people at the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Nicole B, Director of Sales at Hampton by Hilton Charlotte-Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your stay and for being a loyal customer and returning with us. Please let me know the next time you are in town and I will arrange a special gift to be left in your room.

Sincerely, Nicole Bolt

Nicole.Bolt@hilton.com

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Good location with clean carpets and updated bathrooms. Nothing spectacular but a decent value for the price. Would definitely stay there again if business takes me to the area. Wouldn't be first choice for a fun trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I just wanted to let you know that although we were fully renovated in 2009, we are planning many more updates for the hotel in the next year. I hope you will come back and see us soon.

Sincerely, Nicole Bolt

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I hate to admit this but I called the Holiday Inn to inquire about a room but when the lady that spoke very broken english found out I was a truckdriver the conversation was over.. so I called the Hampton (which I should have called first) plenty of rooms available and a large parking lot..Im glad I stayed here .descent sized lot easy to get a semi into..girl at front desk was very freindly..I ask for a room on the top because I sleep through the afternoon evening and leave around 200AM..not a problem to get the top..price was good $89.00 if I remeber correctly...room was perfect,clean comfy,great bed(like 99% of hamptons)..everything was great when Im in the area I will be back...my advise is avoid the Holiday Inn and stay here,you wont be dissapointed...

Room Tip: top floor nice and quiet for a day sleeper
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank teamster175

I am glad to hear that you wre treated better than your past experience with another hotel. We do have a U-shaped parking lot that can easily accomodate truck parking, motorcoach and RV's. Thanks for sharing your experience and I hope you will be back soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn twice now. It is clean and comfortable. The breakfast was nice compared to other Hamptons that I've stayed at. They ran out of an item and when I inquired the staff immediately prepared more.(even though breakfast was soon to be over) I have mold allergies and my room had no signs of mold, which most places normally showing some darkening spots in the bathroom. I would recommend this hotel if you want to stay in the vicinity on I-85. I have stayed at others that are not quite so nice at a higher price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. It makes me very happy to know that your stay was comfortable, and you were treated kindly by our staff. Please come back and see us when you are in our area!

Nicole Bolt, Director of Sales

Reviewed May 11, 2013

i arrived about 8PM and had to wait a few minutes for the desk clerk to show up. This Hampton has been remodeled. They have a built in desk with the closet area. I liked the set up. This one does have frige and micro. Not a whole lot to say. It was one night and it was fine.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Please come back soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Check in was very quick. This hotel was clean. The breakfast was okay. You get a discount at Texas Roadhouse just across the parking lot. Convenient location, just off the highway. Also convenient if you are visiting Gaston College.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Along with Texas Roadhouse, our guests can also recieve special discounts at Tavern 24 and Outback Steakhouse. Gaston College is about 3-4 miles away so I am glad it was convenient for you.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed for one night on a business trip. It's ok for a night or two but as a business traveler that spends a lot of time in hotels a couple of things seems odd.

On the good side the staff are great, rooms clean etc. Overall the hotel is good. Breakfast was a standard for a "southern" hotel, eggs, biscuits, waffles, high sugar cereal, etc. I really wish hotels would start to offer more suitable lifestyle breakfasts. As a business traveler diet is really important. What I want is low carbs high protein food in the morning.

How about some some high protein, low calorie (that's less then 250 cals) shakes like Simfast, some Greek yogurt and fruit. My solution is I generally carry my own food and do not use the breakfast service at all to avoid the high sugar diet generally offered.

I think hotels like to think they are a treat, offering an experience, and forget about those of us that actually have to manage a lifestyle on the road, that want to maintain a normal healthy lifestyle. Many hotels offer services that are in direct conflict with that, for example the Hilton DoubleTrees that offer you a 500 cal cookie as soon as you walk in the door. Hampton's often now put a candy bar in front of you as you walk in.....thanks guys, but no thanks. I would rather you make sure the in room experience is top notch. Say ensure HBO and other premium channels are part of the package.

So about the room at this hotel. It was cramped. The work station is dark and stuffed hard in next to the bed. It really felt too tight. Then the fridge and microwave were just sitting out against a wall in the middle of nowhere. Really something like you find in the lower value end hotels. They stuck out as being out of place and I really wanted to move them, and put the desk where they were to give the room more space for working in.

So overall the hotel is just fine, ok for a night but if I was staying a few days I would, in retrospect, look at other rooms or hotels to see how they suited for a business person's needs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hi there! Your review was one of the most interesting I've read and does provide a good insight on a business traveler's experience. There are some great key points you made, especially about the food offered at hotels.

You're right! Most people do indeed see travel as a treat, but our hotel in particular does cater to the business clientele more often. We do actually serve eggs daily, at least one meat item, hard boiled eggs, and high quality greek yogurt in individual servings. We also have mixed fruit daily, along with apples and bananas. Of course we also have the sweet breakfast items that most folks love, but I actually can empathize with your viewpoint as I personally look for healthier options too when I travel.

Most of our guests love our freshly baked cookies that we serve in the lobby each afternoon, so we won't be discontinuing that, but please feel free to grad some fruit that we have in bowls in the lobby as well. Our new Hilton Honors program for Gold and Diamond members also includes a choice of one snack and one beverage, with both healthy and not so healthy options.

I wish I could amend the size specs of the rooms, but unfortunately that is pretty much set in stone. I do believe your room had one of our floating micro/fridge units in it, as opposed to the rooms with built in units. If you come again and the micro/fridge unit casues a spacing issue, we will remove it for you upon request.

Thank you so much for your feedback, a true eye opener. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Nicole Bolt, Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
#5 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
11 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Hampton by Hilton Charlotte-Gastonia? Share your experiences!