“Only great things to say about this place!!”

Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Only great things to say about this place!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The staff was excellent. My 3 girls and I felt right at home. Christine gave us wonderful customer service at our huge complimentary breakfast. She served us and cleaned up after us while entertaining my kids as she served and assisted others as well. The rooms were Very clean and exceeded expectations. Very modern and everything worked properly. Wornderful stay and the next business I open I'm going to ask Christine to join our team. LOL. I cannot say enough, I'm very satisfied.
It was worth $105 to feel safe and clean and get excellent service. I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nicole B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I am again very pleased to hear about a guest's wonderful experience dealing with Christine, our breakfast hostess. She is a great asset to us and does such a great job at making our guests feel welcome and attended to. We are excited to have your family back with us if ever in our area.

Nicole Bolt, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
North Carolina
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We found the room to in great condition. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast attendant was especially pleasant and helpful, offering additional food items and sometimes handing you items before you even realized they were needed (ex. fork). Although this was a very busy area, with several restaurants and hotels within walking distance, noise was not an issue.

Our stay was centered around visiting the US Whitewater Center, which was 12-14 miles away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank agabuxton
I see that you are a senior contributor on TripAdvisor so your review is especially appreciated. Thank you for letting us know about our breakfast hostess, they are both wonderful and want our guests to feel taken care of. We hope that if you ever visit our area again that we will be your first choice when choosing your hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Super convenient off of I85, 15 minutes to Charlotte. We were pleasantly surprise. Stayed at recommendation on SIL. Clean and very good service; lots of smiling faces. Great deal with $50 restaurant.com gift certificate. Only problem is rooms with dbl bed are tight fit. Largest room they offer/have is King. We thought they would have two queens. We would stay again if it is only for a night or get ajoining room for kids. Rate is best for what you get; cant be free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Foreverjag
I am glad to see that you were able to take advantage of one of our most popular promotions. This promotion offers a $50 gift card tobe redeemed with "Restaurant.com" for only $1 extra. It's a great deal! Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again on a future visit to our area.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great experience - 2nd visit to this Hampton Inn - wonderful staff from check in, maid service, to our breakfast hostess!! Clean room. Very nice room and convenient location to the interstate and to nearby restaurants. Will definitely stay again when the need arises. Thank you!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy B
Hi Judy,

I am very happy that you have chosen our hotel twice and I hope you will return each time you visit our area. Thank you for your review of our hotel!

North Carolina
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Checked in here this past weekend for a one night stay with a family of three. Front desk was great and very accommodating to any requests we had. Lobby was nice and clean, hot coffee and tea was available along with great fresh cookies!
Then came the room.... extremely musty smell like mildew had been growing for years. We had checked in late and were leaving the next morning so we decided to just set the A/C low and get some sleep. Based on the odor, I was leary of the overall cleanliness... kept my shoes right next to the bed so I would not have to walk barefoot.
Bathroom was clean but only two towels - there is usually at least 4 wherever I have stayed. Room was just old... cords strung along the wall, closing of doors in the hallway were easily heard, sofa bed was terribly old and my 9yo never complains - this time he said he felt the springs in his back.
Bed was clean but not comfy at all. Woke up with a sore neck for the day.
Breakfast was a typical low end buffet although plentiful and clean. Attendant was very nice and kept the place running smooth.
Great options around for eating and a mall within a mile.
I have stayed in other Hamptons and this one falls beneath the standard. I would not stay there again and I am a diamond member with Hilton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hi there! Thanks for bringing your concerns to my attention. I would like to apologize for your discomfort during your stay and reinforce your importance to us as a Diamond member of our Hilton Honors program. Our hotel was completely renovated 3 years ago and all furniture, floors, walls, ceilings (everything) was replaced during this renovation. I am so sorry that your son was uncomfortable on the sleeper sofa, however. Please feel free to contact me or the General Manager directly and we will do whatever we can to rectify your situation. We have also used your comments and have implemented new programs thanks to your feedback.

Nicole.Bolt@ihrco.com

Kristen Billerman, General Manager
Kristen.Billerman@ihrco.com
Lewisville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel is old and in need of updating. Others complained of bugs in their rooms. While I saw a few beetles, I did not see any cockroaches. Others said they had cockroaches in their rooms. Although the location is good, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
NC
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This Hampton Inn is in the best location for Gastonia. There are several nice (Texas Steakhouse, Cracker Barrel, Outback) restaurants at this exit and the mall is across the Interstate. Another shopping/restaurant area is one exit North. The rooms here are clean and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tarheel74
MNicoleBolt, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for the courteous review of our hotel and your experience with us. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to made our "Guest of the Day" upon your next arrival. I hope that you will be back soon!

(704) 866-9090
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastonia
Courtyard Charlotte Gastonia
Best Western Gastonia
#4 of 15 in Gastonia
Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte-Gastonia? Share your experiences!