“pleasant”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Garysburg
raleigh,nc
“pleasant”
Reviewed October 18, 2008

I had a one night stay. The desk clerk was professional and courteous. My room was clean and quiet. High speed internet worked fine, bed was comfortable, and I had a very pleasant night rest.

The Aunt Sarah's Pancake House located on the property should be avoided at all costs. I could right a book, but to keep it brief: None of the staff wore a nametag or had any way to tell they were an employee. Breakfast order took over 20 minutes, and this was for anyone seated in the place, so I had to rush to eat since I had planned to leave the property at 9 to get to work on time. As I was paying, I happened to see the sanitation rating of 83.9 - low B. I can see why they hid it!

Check out also had a very professional and polite desk clerk.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2008

This hotel is located immediately off I-95, making it perfect for overnight stays while on a road trip. The staff was nice, and our room was great. I apparently booked the handicapped room by accident, which we didn't need, but it was nice all the same. :-)

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower worked just fine, everything was good.

Our only complaint was the smell outside the hotel. There must be some kind of manufacturing plant nearby as the smell was pretty distinct. However, it wasn't terrible, and wasn't present in the room at all, so no big deal. :-)

• Liked — The easy access to and from the highway
  • Disliked — the smell outside the building
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northern Virginia
Reviewed October 9, 2007

A decent room for the night when breaking your travel on I-95. Standard Best Western format except no pool (was not an issue for me). Promised Internet connection did not work; staff indicated without flat-out saying so that the promise was basically fraudulent - management were fully aware that the system was not actually implemented. Continental breakfast is below average but acceptable. Try to get a room on the side facing AWAY from I-95. Booking ahead - even just a day or two - is a big savings; I paid $58 while people stopping in straight from the highway were being charged $79.

Stayed September 2007
New York, NY
Reviewed January 4, 2007

I selected this hotel based on the #1 ranking on tripadvisor. I recommend selecting another choice. Stayed for one night on the way back from FL to NY for $62 discounted rate. Room was completely typical I-95 motel room. Furnishings were somewhat shabby, carpet was very worn, however room was basically clean. King bed was a plus but bathroom mirror that seemed about to fall off, unplugged entry lamp, and overall shabby room condition were minuses. Additionally, this is the only motel at exit 176 so the location feels isolated and remote. Traffic noise from the highway is noticable but tolerable. We also ate at Aunt Sarah's located on site which turned out better than expected. One reason for choosing this property over Motel 6 was the free breakfast, however as it ended at 9 am on a weekday, it was over too early for us to take advantage of as we arrived at 1 am the night before. Overall, I recommend staying somewhere else at Exit 173 in Roanoke Rapids as there is a wide variety of dining, Wal-Mart, etc. instead of an isolated property that offers nothing above standard highway motel amenities for above average rates.

• Liked — Nice king size bed
  • Disliked — Location, breakfast, room condition
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at Exit 173 in NC instead
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JKNY329

Travelers are raving about these Garysburg hotels

Maryland
Reviewed December 31, 2006

The motel is right beside I-95 and the traffic noise is very loud. The only way we were able to get any sleep was to turn the fan on high and have that drown out the noise.
The condition of the room itself was quite satisfactory and the price was pretty good.
The other major problem was the food. There are only two choices, Aunt Sarah's Pancake house (on the motel property) or Burger King. We tried Aunt Sarah's and the service was very slow. We should have gotten back on I-95 on go back south three miles, where there appeared to be a lot more chices.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Highway noise
  • Tips/Secrets — Get a room on the side away from I-95
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Backcountry_Jim
Juno Beach, FL
Reviewed March 28, 2006

the room was clean enough, bathroom tub could have been a little cleaner and the shower curtain was a little yucky but not so bad that I couldn't stand to use it...service on 800 number was great but we checked in at 3:30 AM (no discount even though checkout was 7 1/2 hours away) and the night manager could not find our reservation that we made by phone before arriving, he seemed confused when we explained that we placed our reservation with the 800 number just minutes earlier and put out that we were trying to check in so late at night (maybe we woke him up)...he went off to find our reservation and did not return for ten minutes...couldn't even get his attention since he was out of sight and they lock the lobby doors after hours, when he returned he said he couldn't find our reservation, we explained the situation again and it turned out he did not spell my last name correctly, he disappeared again and came back 5 minutes later with our check-in forms, no apology or anything...however, the day staff seemed right on top of things and checked us out quickly

• Stayed December 2005
2 Thank truthfulinFL
New Jersey
Reviewed September 5, 2005

Stayed last night at Best Western - hotel room was decent size and clean. They offered a continental breakfast which we did not take advantage of. There is also an outdoor pool - 3 to 5ft which we did not use but looked clean.

If the need arose again, I would have no hesitation to stay here again. And Randy the desk attendent was very nice and helpful with my reservations and when I checked in.

Stayed September 2005
7 Thank laney5454
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garysburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids
Sleep Inn Roanoke Rapids
#7 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE

Been to Super 8 Garysburg/Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!