“Nice stay!”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Garner
wonderfullyuncool
“Nice stay!”
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I was in town to see a play with a friend. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast was good. I only stayed one night, so I didn't get to take advantage of all of the ameneties. My ONLY concern was that when i checked in, the front desk staff that checked me in said my room number out loud, there wasn't anyone around so I didn't say anything, but that definitely took away from the service aspect in my opinion. Aside from that my stay was nice and i'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed February 11, 2010

I arrived at 2:oo am ask for a late check out ...was no problem....plenty of room to park trucks behind hotel on dead end road....many restaurants and c-stores within walking distance...big rooms comfy beds...newley remodeled bathrooms....decent fitness ctr.......great price....$69.00....cant go wrong here...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
gibson nc
Reviewed January 26, 2010

The staff has always been very helpful and friendly. Location a little hard to get to but right off interstate a good location for travelers and bussinessmen have found rooms always clean

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Wilmington nc
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Have stayed here a number of times. Staff is always friendly and helpful. a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2008

My wife and I picked up a room saver ad for $59. and decided to stay on a Sunday night. The clerk and subsequently the manger told us that Sunday nights were "special events", and the brochure price didn't apply. The place was 80% empty for this "special event". We have found in the past that all hotels honored the brochure prices, and clearly specify which nights the particular discounted rates applied. This Comfort Inn did not. We were tired and didn't feel like hunting anymore so took our lumps, payed the higher rate and stayed there. In the morning, the manager was unpleasant regarding our polite complaint about the vague"special event" condition in the brochure. This hotel is not worth the money.

Stayed July 2008
COMGARNER, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
Our coupon clearly says, No Coupon on Special Events". This guest arrived on special event weekend. We want to treat all guest same and apply our policy.
-Manager

Travelers are raving about these Garner hotels

clemson, sc
Reviewed April 29, 2007

I stayed here with my 2 children for 2 nights. The staff was friendly. It felt safe. The morning breakfast was not good - we walked to Cracker Barrel. The pool was not open yet and it was 80 degrees outside (I did check around at the other hotels at this exit and found that none of the pools were open). The walls are thin - very noisy. Smokers sat in the hallway and smoked - smelled bad. The bed was comfortable and it was inexpensive, but I will stay somewhere else next time.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — loud
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
COMGARNER, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
Our walls are not thin as hotel is newly built. Many guests stay here every night and never complained about the noise. Garner area weather permits to open swimming pool from Memorial to labor day for all hotels, and guest stayed in April.
Fort Wayne
Reviewed September 15, 2005

I wasn't on the third floor so I don't know about the family and what-not. Anyways, the lady that helped us when we got there was really nice, she wasn't Indian she was american. It said all the rooms had internet when i looked at the little stands in the room so i asked about it, well, some rooms have internet, but their little breakfast/office area has wireless so i was using that. Anyways, the first night wasn't so bad, it was actually a pretty nice place, although being stuck in the smoking area, when you're not a smoker because you're parents force you to stay in the same room stinks. So the first night wasn't bad we had a fridge in our room so we thought we'd stock up on some food for the trip home and what not, but wait! when we got back our keys did not work! so we went to the front desk, asked about it, he scanned my moms card didn't say anything like he knew it wasn't going to work, then he scanned my card, and said it should work, yeah it should of worked, but it didn't! so hesitantly he gave us new cards that worked this time. The family has little kids and in the morning the kids were nice enough to pour food and drink all over the furniture in the breakfast area.

• Stayed August 2005