“Great Hotel-Friendly Staff”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Garner
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Have stayed here a number of times. Staff is always friendly and helpful. a good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed July 19, 2008

My wife and I picked up a room saver ad for $59. and decided to stay on a Sunday night. The clerk and subsequently the manger told us that Sunday nights were "special events", and the brochure price didn't apply. The place was 80% empty for this "special event". We have found in the past that all hotels honored the brochure prices, and clearly specify which nights the particular discounted rates applied. This Comfort Inn did not. We were tired and didn't feel like hunting anymore so took our lumps, payed the higher rate and stayed there. In the morning, the manager was unpleasant regarding our polite complaint about the vague"special event" condition in the brochure. This hotel is not worth the money.

Stayed: July 2008
COMGARNER, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2010

Our coupon clearly says, No Coupon on Special Events". This guest arrived on special event weekend. We want to treat all guest same and apply our policy.
-Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2007

I stayed here with my 2 children for 2 nights. The staff was friendly. It felt safe. The morning breakfast was not good - we walked to Cracker Barrel. The pool was not open yet and it was 80 degrees outside (I did check around at the other hotels at this exit and found that none of the pools were open). The walls are thin - very noisy. Smokers sat in the hallway and smoked - smelled bad. The bed was comfortable and it was inexpensive, but I will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Our walls are not thin as hotel is newly built. Many guests stay here every night and never complained about the noise. Garner area weather permits to open swimming pool from Memorial to labor day for all hotels, and guest stayed in April.

Reviewed September 15, 2005

I wasn't on the third floor so I don't know about the family and what-not. Anyways, the lady that helped us when we got there was really nice, she wasn't Indian she was american. It said all the rooms had internet when i looked at the little stands in the room so i asked about it, well, some rooms have internet, but their little breakfast/office area has wireless so i was using that. Anyways, the first night wasn't so bad, it was actually a pretty nice place, although being stuck in the smoking area, when you're not a smoker because you're parents force you to stay in the same room stinks. So the first night wasn't bad we had a fridge in our room so we thought we'd stock up on some food for the trip home and what not, but wait! when we got back our keys did not work! so we went to the front desk, asked about it, he scanned my moms card didn't say anything like he knew it wasn't going to work, then he scanned my card, and said it should work, yeah it should of worked, but it didn't! so hesitantly he gave us new cards that worked this time. The family has little kids and in the morning the kids were nice enough to pour food and drink all over the furniture in the breakfast area.

• Stayed: August 2005
Reviewed October 11, 2003

Taking advantage of a long holiday weekend, I arrived in Garner to visit friends. "internet" rate was $68/night. First thing I noticed when I pulled up was the pool - green. Since it's not swimming weather I didn't think too much about that, but since my room overlooked the pool, I saw it every time I looked out the window. The hotel is independently owned & operated by an Indian family or families. My room was on the third floor and upon leaving the elevator my senses were assaulted with the smell of curry..apparently the family lives on the third floor. My room didn't smell so I didn't think too much about it.
Saturday evening, the smell of curry was stronger to the point that I had to shut off the fan because the smell was coming through the vents.
I thought of checking out, but since it was late, I didn't want to be caught without a room for the night. At 1 AM, I was awakened by the sound of loud talking, laughing and children running up & down the hallway screaming...the family had returned from some sort of an outing. Actually I think there is more than one family living there - there were many adults going into the room. I finally was able to go back to slee at 3 AM and at 7 AM the smell of curry was again assaulting my senses. It was so strong this time that it was nauseating me. I checked out at 7:30 and at 7:35 was checked into the Holiday Inn Express next door. By the way - the Motel 8 on the other side of the Quality Inn's pool was sparkling blue. If you don't mind curry & spices then stay at the Quality Inn. Otherwise, there are lots of hotels in the area - stay at one of them

1  Thank Kris M
Reviewed June 1, 2003

We just picked this hotel upon pulling off the highway and we got lucky! What a great value. We've paid more and not had such a nice experience. The pool was nice, and the fitness room was a bonus! The rooms were clean and well stocked. The complimentary breakfast was delightful. Waffles, biscuits and sausage, toast, bagels, coffee, juices, cereals and cold milk. Everyone in my family was happy.

1  Thank zelda302
A TripAdvisor Member
Clayton, NC
Reviewed September 8, 2002

Wonderful new hotel good rooms and meeting rooms Customer service in very bad mananger and some staff. I hope this is not a example of all Best Westerns

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40
Comfort Suites Clayton
Comfort Suites Clayton
#1 of 2 in Clayton
Super 8 Garner/Clayton/Raleigh

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!