“New furniture, new carpet, and fresh coat of paint!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Garner
Oxford, North Carolina
“New furniture, new carpet, and fresh coat of paint!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn on several occasions as I volunteer once to twice a year at a local retreat center for a church leadership skills workshop weekend. The first thing I noticed upon entering the hallway on my way to my room on the 2nd floor was the smell of new carpet. It had been about a year since I last stayed at this hotel, so the new furniture, t.v. and fresh coat of paint was a much needed welcome for an overnight trip.
One of my complaints was the very noisy heating unit in my room. It woke me up during the night almost everytime it came on. I finally turned the temperature setting to where it wouldn't come on anymore. I told the lady at the front desk, Kat, about the noisy unit as I was checking out Sun. morning. Kat said she will have someone check into it.
My only other comlaint, which is minor, was I killed a few tiny black ants in my room. It looked like they were coming in from around the window. I also killed a few on my nightstand beside my bed. After I told Kat about this, she exclaimed, "On the 2nd floor?!!!!" I kind of laughed to myself as ants can travel quite a distance!
The complimentary hot breakfast was very good and there are nearby restaurants which are good places to eat for lunch and/or dinner. A Cracker Barrel is within walking distance and just down the road is a CookOut, which has the best burgers!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
COMGARNER, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Our Guest are loving new rooms. They love new comfortable Mattress.
Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dothan, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I hadn't stayed in a Comfort Inn in some time, but I must say this was a nice change for me. The accommodations were nice and the Wi-Fi connection was strong, powerful and free. The employees at the hotel were very accommodating. The next time I’m back in this part of the country, I’ll give this hotel top consideration.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
COMGARNER, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Our internet is super fast. Enjoy your smart phone.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This motel is a decent place to stay, but I have to tell you about how ChoicePriveldges treats their Elite Diamond Members. You are told that in becoming an Elite Diamond Member you get certian perks like free upgrades at motels, WRONG, out of 79 stays, I have recieved ONE free upgrade, no other motel offers them. You are also told that for ever stay you will receive points for dollars spent. WRONG, they do not give points for certain motels, but they do not tell you this until AFTER you have paid and stayed at certian motels. You are also told in their advertising that ALL of their motels carry Cable TV packages, WRONG, some of their more expensive COMFORT SUITE Motels only carry a cheap 33 channel satelite channel package so they can push you to buy their pay per view movies. Before you stay at any of their motels make sure you first check out what you are paying for. If they cheat an Elite Diamond Member just think how they will cheat a typical traveler. Worse reservation and service department of all motel/Hotel chains. Speaking from experience.

Room Tip: No offense meant to this motel, it was a nice stay, but ChoicePriveldges is the worse service depart...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
COMGARNER, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I can only tell you about our location. We automatically upgrade Elite member. Our TV channel list is extensive including free HBO, ESPN, Food...etc.
Akron
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our room was clean and spacious, the pool was just the right size to cool off and enjoy meeting other guests at the hotel. will stay here again. entrance was a lilttle hard to decipher, missed it twice

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
COMGARNER, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We hope to see you again soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

people working here are very attentive. they seem to know there job and do it very good. rooms are clean and roomy(not too much furniture). breakfast is the same as others. plenty of places to choose from to eat dinner. several gas stations and a walmart close by. enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
COMGARNER, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Please visit us again and enjoy our brand new hotel again.
Portsmouth, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Other than a broken toilet seat, no complaints. Employees were very nice. Room was average size and decor. Nothing spectacular, but no reason not to stay if looking for an inexpensive place to stay, and not a "destination" experience. Wifi, and other amenities fine. Breakfast typical of the continental variety, but hey, it's no extra charge. Got this through Priceline for $44.

Room Tip: Had an end room on the 2nd floor. Not one peep of noise even though we were right over the main entr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
COMGARNER, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Enjoy walking distance to Cracker Barrel. Apple Bee is nearby too.
Central Florida, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Clean, friendly, and close to restaurants. Nice size room. No problems. Micro and refig in room. Small bath but sink and morrow outside of shower area. Desk clerk came to our room after we were in to check if we're we happy with it! Never had that happen!

• Stayed September 2012
COMGARNER, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Come back and stay with us gain. Property is completely renovated.