“used to be great, now just average at best”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Las Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #97 of 132 Restaurants in Garner
Cuisines: Mexican
Garner, North Carolina
“used to be great, now just average at best”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This used to be a great, family-run restaurant and bar, typical Mexican food with a little twist. Now it is just another average Mexican restaurant, and the staff doesn't seem to care whether patrons enjoy their meal or not. I hate to see it go altogether because I live in the neighborhood, but we've pretty much stopped going here.

• Visited January 2012

Garner, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“After 15 years of great food, I will never go back.”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I have enjoyed many family occasions and meals at this restaurant, going back to the days when the old owner, Tio, greated every customer with a smile, a handshake and made you feel at home. since the ownership change, the atmosphere had dropped but the food was still worth the trip, until my last visit, in which a kitchen worker who had been staring at my wife throughout our meal entered the womens room while she was in a stall. he got scared when he saw me coming and ran in to the mens rooms stall to hide from me. I brought the situation to the attention of the manager who first denied they had an employee of the description I gave, and then suddenly gave me a name when I said I was calling the police. The manager was uncaring and refused to provide contact info for the restaurants owners. Regardless of weather or not "Pablo" broke the law, I will never go there again. It is sad to say that the actions of one employee and the inaction of another has soured what I fondley remebered until that point, many years of great meals and family occasions there.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Michael M
“Love this mexican restaurant! The best...”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Love this mexican restaurant! The best thing I have had is their spinach and chicken quesadillas. They are awesome! Friendly staff and great drink specials, too.

Raleigh, NC
“Great mexican food”
Reviewed September 19, 2008

This would have to be my favorite mexican restaurant. We've been here at least 4 times, and each time the food has been outstanding. The only bad thing is that after eating here, I feel like they have to roll me out the door, since I end up eating more than I really should.

They have a great menu with lots of food to choose from. I like their carne asadas. My fiance usually gets the soft taco/enchilada combination. They have really big portions and I usually end up taking leftovers home and eating it for 2 more meals afterwards. The food is really tasty, the flavors and textures are just right. Not to mention, its sooo cheap!! We couldn't believe it when we first came here to eat! I think its about $10 per plate (big plate!).
The meals come out relatively quick, even when they're busy.

You can get good margaritas here as well. If there's 2 or more drinking, I'd suggest getting the pitcher.

The waiters are mexican too, adding to the authentic experience!! LOL!! Its ok though, they understand english well enough. Just don't ask them questions that are too hard!!

Try it at least once, and I guarantee, you will be a repeat customer like me!!

Been to Las Margaritas Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!