“Great fries, so so hot dogs.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
NC
“Great fries, so so hot dogs.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I stopped by Snoopy's for lunch recently. I ordered the hot dog combo and my wife ordered a chicken sandwich. The hot dog looked great and was served piping hot. However it did not have hardly any taste. It was as if aliens without taste buds replicated a hot dog. While the bun was fresh and soft, the chili was bland. The brown hot dog was also bland (Snoopy's also offers red hot dogs, an option I should have exercised). Snoopy's does not serve slaw on their hot dogs, a definite no no in the South . I don't recall tasting any onion, although I did ask for onions. Moving on to their strong point, the french fries. Served hot and lightly salted, the classic crinkle cut fries were perfectly cooked. Reminds me of the old Myrtle Beach Fries. They were excellent. My wife's chicken sandwich was served with pickle and was competently prepared. She said it was very good. Soft drinks were plentiful and fizzy. Overall ok, but if you have hot dog in your title, and if you are in the South, a hot dog all the way means chile, mustard, slaw and onions!

• Visited September 2013