“Great Service”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Arrived early, about 5:30. Service was great. Was offered several wine tastings, until I could decide what I wanted. Wine was very reasonably priced, mostly under $6. Hummas was great. Had the stuffed salmon which was very good. It did not need the blue crab stuffing. Was very good without it

I would recommend!

2  Thank TxAggieTravler89
There are newer reviews for Alexander's Mediterranean Restaurant

Reviewed July 4, 2014

There are so few good places to eat in Garner and we were thrilled to find this one. The food is good and it is close to where we have a home. The food is definitely made from their unique recipes, so you will not be getting the same meal across town. The wait staff is attentive. It isn't dressy, but we have not encountered very many children, which is a plus for us as screaming children can give me a migraine. The menu is varied.

2  Thank angsw72
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at Alexander's a couple of weeks ago and thought that it was excellent. We were very pleasantly surprised to find food of this quality in a strip mall in Garner.

For starters, we enjoyed the Kaftedes and the Spanakopita, which was very flaky (not to mention large). My wife wanted the familiar taste of a gyro, and their gyro platter did not disappoint. The highlight for me was the lamb shank, which was served with potatoes and carrots in a rich sauce. While the shank itself was meaty enough, there were also several additional chunks of braised lamb in the sauce. The shank is listed under the Hearty Fare section of the menu, I'll say. You will probably get a second meal out of it, as I did. In general, prices are on the low side for this level of quality.

There are a number of Greek wines available by the glass, which was a nice change of pace. Service was friendly and attentive throughout.

I should also mention that they offer live music on certain evenings. The mood was certainly enhanced by the smooth solo guitar of Alex Gorodezky the night that we were there.

Overall, I rate Alexander's as "best Greek" in the Triangle. It is certainly worth the drive to Garner.

2  Thank glftrvl
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Went to dinner with 6 friends last night and everyone was VERY happy with their meal! From appetizers to drinks, the food was exceptional, as was the staff.

As a first time diner to this restaurant, and greek food in general, the menu was very descriptive, maybe too much, it all sounded good! It offered classic greek appetizers and some sampler plates.

The Sangria was a "the best I have ever had, " as stated by several people at the table. The portions are large, and so we never looked at the dessert menu :(

Overall, it was a great experience and the food was great and reasonably priced. The staff was very attentive, Laura, our waitress, and the Manager and owners wife came out to chat with us.

I had never heard of this place so I checked TA to find something in Garner, this was rated #2 of 115...... thanks TA, know I know why!! Trust TA, check it out!!

Oh, they offer half price drinks on Thursdays and music several nights a week, from violinist, guitarist, trumpeter, etc... call for more details if you are interested.... they might need to update their website, as I do remember that it still had Mothers Day information on it when we were trying to check them out (so we had to call to make sure they were still open!) THEY ARE! GO QUICK! :)

1  Thank DeniseNC72
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Alexander's Mediterranean Cuisine is truly a treat for your taste buds! Located just next to the Post Office off Timber Drive in Garner, this restaurant is a quiet spot for a delicious meal. They have many delicious entrees, salads, appetizers and desserts; the restaurant even features musicians several nights a week. The professional chef/owner does a wonderful job in creating authentic Mediterranean dishes. Their staff is friendly and professional. We have never been disappointed when dining there.
www.Alexanderscuisine.com