“Good local Mexican”

La Cocina Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 139 Restaurants in Garner
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My wife and I have been a couple of times. The servers are attentive and the food is pretty good. I've always gotten the fajitas. I prefer the steak. My only complaint is that I wish the food was more liberally seasoned. Otherwise, a nice place.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is our go to place after a movie at White Oak (not sure where that picture came from, but it's not La Cocina at 1219 Timber Dr E).
The food is always good, although it is "gringo" style (not too spicy). The service is always fast and courteous and the prices are most reasonable.
For something different, try the Tacos de Pollo Asado or order the Chicken Soup on a cold day.

2  Thank Pippi_two
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is a very busy place because the food is very good! La Cocina is very well staffed with pleasant and knowledgable people who are attentive and work to please their customers.

The restaurant is a bit noisy and the menu is extremely varied.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

As good as you will get in this area. Definitely try this place. The salsa was better than average Mexican place also. Hubs got the Tommy's salad and couldn't eat it all there was so much meat!

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We ordered a chicken quesadilla for our 2-year-old, fish tacos for me and pollo fundido for my wife. The quesadilla was one tortilla folded over with some chicken in the middle. I asked the waiter what a quesadilla was supposed to be because every other one I've ever seen was two tortillas, with something in the middle, cut up into pieces. You know, something easy for a 2-year-old to pick up. No what we got. I even googled quesadilla and showed pictures to the waiter. He said those pictures we something else, I can't pronounce what he said. Strike one.
Strike two was the fish tacos were terrible. Strike three was my wife's food was supposed to have cheese sauce. If it did, it was so thin it disappeared. His place is out. We've had bad experiences before. This visit just sealed the deal. Don't eat here, if you value your money.

1  Thank Cory B