“Finally, good sushi in Garner!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mitchikia Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have been to Mitchikia twice, once with family at the grilling table and once we sat at the bar. My husband and I really enjoyed our meals. The portion sizes were large and everything was very tasty. I enjoyed my sushi roll. Its the only good sushi I have had in Garner. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and it was not crowded. It was great to be able to walk in on a Saturday night!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We visited here on a Friday night. We made a reservation, but they didn;t have it when we got there. It wasn't crowded so it wasn;t a problem, but.... It is in a weird strip mall right next to Lowes. That might be a turn off for some. The server kept getting confused and actually gave my sashimi appetizer to someone else at the table and had to keep asking who ordered what and was confused when it was time for the bill. The chef was great and the rest of the staff was a lot of fun. They sang happy birthday to the table next to us and you could tell they were having fun. The cooked fodd was very good. The sashimi was just ok. Not the best I've had. The yellowtail seemed a bit "fishy". I would definitely try it again.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant after reading the good reviews, we were not disappointed. Sat at a Teppanyaki Grill with six other people. The "show" was not as elaborate as we have seen at other places but did amuse the kid at the table. We saw a good cross section of the menu and it was very typical taeppanyaki, the only unusual item was noodles in addition to the usual fried rice, which BTW was very good. Most people had appetizers which were large enough to share. The vegetable assortment was good and well prepared and there was the usual shrimp sampler. Steak was cut into small cubes so I think there is little control over the doneness, though this is not unusual. One person had only vegetables and seemed pleased. We had scallops and lobster both of which ever excellent. Nobody had dessert and the offerings were not inspiring. Doggie bags were provided if you wanted, my plate was clean! The cost was normal for this type of restaurant and area.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

You gotta give this place a try, the food was great and so was the service. The Miyagi Chicken is awesome.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We just went to this restaurant last night and the food was fantastic! The atmosphere was great, you could choose to sit at a table or at a grill. It was just my husband and I so we choose table. You get so much food! My husband got two sushi rolls and said they were delicious! Great service!

I called my title great diamond in rough because the shopping center it is located looks old and rundown but what a great restaurant inside.

Will definetely be back!