“Great restuarant.... If you want to watch the staff play on their cell phones”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Reserve with OpenTable
TGI Fridays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 131 Restaurants in Garner
Cuisines: American
Description: As the original casual dining bar and grill, TGI Fridays℠ offers authentic American food and legendary drinks, served with genuine personal service.
Kenly, North Carolina
“Great restuarant.... If you want to watch the staff play on their cell phones”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Sat in the bar area. Got the only clean table that wasn't occupied. Most of the tables needed to be bussed. Waited around 5 minutes for someone to notice us. Finally a waitress came by and took our drink order. But we had to wait around 10 more minutes to get menus. The table nearest us was where all the wait staff gathered to play on their cell phones. Finally got menus and ordered. My wife and I both ordered pasta dishes but had to pay extra for bread. Food was bland and portion was small. Paid over $35 for two pasta dishes, bread, and soft drinks. Horrible service and bad food. My suggestion is.. If you want to come here to eat... Friend a waitress on Facebook and then you can get her attention while in the restaurant because more than likely she will be on Facebook on her phone instead of paying attention to her tables.

1 Thank Woodrow1876

Clayton, North Carolina
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I live in the Garner area and eat at this restaurant occassionally. Prior to yesterday, the experience has been acceptable.

Last night my husband and I had the opportunity to go out for dinner without the teenage children. Upon entering the restaurant, I asked for a table that wasn't near children. We walked by an area that had two couples with no children and was taken to a table close to the kitchen and next to a table that had two children (probably 6 & 8 years old). I didn't ask for another table because they seemed to be behaving. Other than the youngest one spilling his drink they were well behaved.

The waitress took our drink order and didn't mess that up. As she was placing our meals on the table she said "I think they messed them up. Do you mind swapping your steaks". I looked at her like she was crazy. Not only did they put my steak on my husband's plate and vv but they included fries on one of the plates instead of mashed potatoes. Ok...not the end of the world but when you're paying to be served, you'd expect it to be right. She eventually took the plates in the back and swapped the steaks. However, she still forgot to bring the mashed potatoes. Eventually we got those.

When the bill was brought to the table she charged us for the mashed potatoes because she put the fries in as the second side instead of the potatoes. Again, she took the bill in the back, brought us a new one, and apologized...again and again and again. I gave her my credit card for payment. When she brought the receipt to be signed I guess I was supposed to use my blood because she didn't bring a pen. Good thing I had one in my purse.

I spoke with the manager and he seemed empathic but it just irks me that the whole evening was just a cluster of bad experiences. If only one of the situations had happened, it wouldn't have been a big deal but when you encounter all of them in one meal, it's any wonder restaurants are going out of business.

One would think that if you make a living being a waitress, you would verify the food order is correct before placing it on the table. Same goes with the bill. And if you expect people to sign the credit card receipt, bring a pen.

It was a frustrating dinner instead of a relaxing evening with my husband. The only thing good about the evening was the food was very good!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Florida
“GREAT - well run FRanchise location”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Loved the Servers- all are on the Ball-
Food was cooked well - perfect and specials were special
We like to eat there and sit in the bar for quick service

Visited April 2013