“Great place with clean rooms...and then some!”

Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Garner
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a great hotel, convenient to downtown Raleigh and in a quiet nook of Garner. The two staff members at the front desk were very pleasant and said hello as we passed. Our room was clean and very large. The hotel had a newer feel to it. As great as our stay was, the thing that really caused me to write this review was the service in the free breakfast area each morning. Both of the women tending to the breakfast bar were SO friendly. They helped me pile my plate and even got me a tray to take breakfast back to my room where my toddler was waiting. They both ensured that I had plasticware and napkins and suggested things I forgot, like milk for my cereal. They were just the most pleasant people! I really appreciated them both. Great job, Wingate, on staffing your hotel. You have workers you can be proud of!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 2, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel was well beyond worth the $76 a night I paid for it. The exterior looked a bit raggedy but the inside made up for that. The staff was very helpful. They had a hot breakfast. Rooms were very, very clean. Bed was nice and comfortable. No loud noises or sounds for both nights I stayed. We had room 303 which was right above the lobby on the 3rd floor. Very quiet. We were here for the Triangle Beach Music Festival at Bryan Farms in Garner and it took about 10 minutes to get there. With the amount of people who were at the hotel for the event it was very quiet. I had stayed in a hotel for work earlier in the week at another hotel brand and paid over $100 a night and had no microwave or mini-fridge. This place had both. Close to downtown Raleigh and I-40 with a lot of places to eat close by. If you are looking for a nice hotel with a smaller budget, this is the place to go. Only complaint I could think of was the TV. They have very night HDTVs but they aren't connected to high definition cable. It's almost a waste. Other than that our stay was great!

Room Tip: Get room 303. Above the lobby with very little noise from elevator and guests.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
WingateGarner, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

We are delighted that you got to stay with us during the Triangle's Beach Music festival in Garner. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are happy that you were able to enjoy our rooms. We look forward to getting our channels to turn over to HD in the near future (FYI)

We hope to see you next year at the next Triangle Beach Music festival!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have stayed here several times for a convention and will be staying again this summer. This is a clean, updated hotel with very friendly staff, especially the breakfast area staff, who is very helpful in assisting us prepare waffles or bagels or anything else we need. Pool and hot tub are clean. Room rate is good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
WingateGarner, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Very nice hotel!!!! Suite was very spacious and clean. Less than 5-10 mins to downtown and other stores. Staff was very friendly. They greeted/spoke to you everytime you entered and exited the lobby. The only pet peeve I had was that the one tv remote provided in the room changed the channel/sound for both televisions simultaneously. Wish they operated independently of each other.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Garner
Best Western Plus Edison Inn
Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40
Holiday Inn Express Clayton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South? Share your experiences!