“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
UPPER MARLBORO
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel and rooms were very clean. The service was excellent and I told one of the persons who shared a room with me that whenever I go out of town again I would be looking for a Wingate by Wyndham Hotel. I truly enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
WingateGarner, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

I’d like to thank you for taking time out your busy day to complete this review. We are overjoyed that your enjoyed your stay and that we’ve made you a Wingate by Wyndham person! We look forward to seeing you again shortly. It’s always pleasant to see a familiar face.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Easy to get to - rooms exceptionally clean - staff friendly and knowlegeable of area -
wonderful breakfast with plenty of room in breakfast area to sit and fix food. We were third floor next to elevator but never heard the elevator from in room or any noise. The shower head was different and provided a great flow of water and there was plenty of hot water. The lady at desk told us about various restaurants and when we told her we would try Tripps she gave us a complimentary shrimp cocktail card and we enjoyed the great food and service there. Best of all it is a non-smoking facility. We will definately use Wingate again and again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I’d like to begin by thanking you for your gracious response. Our number one goal is to make you happy! We elated that our facility, as well as staff met all your expectations. It’s our intention to make every guest feel like family; making sure you’re comfortable and accommodated from the time you enter to the time you depart. Since you had such a wonderful experience we look forward to seeing you again shortly. It’s always nice to see a familiar face. Again, we appreciate you taking your time out to leave a response.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Everyone in our party was pleased with this hotel. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was well stocked with towels and toiletries. Our children enjoyed the pool and the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. The breakfast attendant was super. She made waffles for all 5 of the children and some of the adults in our party. She had a wonderful demeanor. We'll be staying here again the next time we visit the Raleigh area.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
WingateGarner, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our property. We're delighted to hear how well our location worked for your group. It's great to see that you enjoyed everything from the rooms & comfortable beds to the delicious cookies. We hope to welcome you back on your next travels through the area. We feel honored by those wonderful comments regarding your stay with us.Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience that we will, in return, share with our staff!

Warm Regards,

Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh South

Reviewed July 26, 2012

worst hotel I have visited in the USA in over 40 years
Checked in after a long workday at 7:50pm, placed my bags in the room and left
for dinner and errands. returned to the room around 9:15pm > worked on my personal computer until 10:30pm, then retired for the night.

Both queen beds had mattresses that sagged, leaving indentation when I arose.
I was unable to get any sleep. Room was hot and smelly, with stagnant air. Paper thin walls allowed noise from neighboring rooms to penetrate my room.

At 01:00 AM, I could tolerate the horrific conditions no longer. I packed up my belongings and asked the desk clerk for a refund. I was told that my credit card had not yet been charged, but I should have my company call the manager in the morning.
I left the hotel around 01:15a.m. and drove in search of another hotel. ( I was not offered another room in the hotel and doubt that it would have been acceptable).

The Hampton Inn up the street informed me that they had had several visitors
to their hotel, reporting the same problem (unsleepable conditions at this hotel).

Wingate charged my credit card 1 day after my checkout, alleging
that I had "been in the room too long" for a refund. The manager told me that "numerous
clients had wanted to buy their beds, they were so comfortable."

I have never had to leave an American hotel before in the middle of the night.
[The Wingate manager told me that "I should have reported these problems earlier" but I honestly do not make it a habit of immediately sleeping in beds until bedtime.]

1) DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IF YOU VALUE CLEAN, RESTFUL conditions
and CUSTOMER SERVICE.

2) i suggest exit 312 and stay at the properties near Fuquay Varina >>
this Mechanical Blvd location is the pits.

3) one must wonder who has been writing all of the glowing reports for
this hotel

Room Tip: avoid mechanical blvd area head up to exit 312
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank grace j
WingateGarner, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your stay with us. I would like to also say thank you for the feedback you have provided about your visit at our hotel, it will help us improve our property. We hope that all our guest have a fantastic stay when visiting us and feel at home. Each guest that stays with us has a different experience. What we strive for is to give great service in a clean and welcoming environment to everyone that enters our home. We hope that you will give us another try and see why we are ranked so high among the hotels in the Garner area. Please know that we are happy to welcome you back again if you may ever need a place to stay.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We arrived late after driving through a horrible thunderstorm and the attendant at the front desk was sooooo nice! When I told her that I was with my 2 young children she changed my room from one king-sized bed (which I thought was the only room available when I booked it) to a double queen at no extra charge. That helped tremendously. The room was clean, the refrigerator worked and they had treats for the kids if we wanted them.

Breakfast the next morning was mostly continental and since I don't eat waffles, I didn't care for it. The server was very sweet and attentive to the needs of my children so, even though I didn't eat anything and ended up getting breakfast at Starbucks on the road, I did appreciate that more than anything.

Great stay for the price!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room we stayed in was clean, quiet and very attractive. The furnishings were new in both the room and lobby. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. The breakfast was amazing! For what we paid per night, I was expecting yogurt and fruit with some off-brand coffee complete with powdered milk; however I was pleasantly surprised. There was a staff member assigned to assist with the breakfast. She made waffles for my friend while we sipped our delicious coffee with real cream.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. Everyone here tries really hard to satisfy our guests and it's great when we get such awesome feedback.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Very accomodating for my request, very clean and quite. Reserved king size room excellent layout, desk, comfortable sitting chair, wifi, easy access, near restaurants and shopping. everything excellant and well above board. Would stay again!! Keep up the good work staff was great.

• Stayed: June 2012
WingateGarner, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let others know about your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are always striving to make each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Thank you so much for your time!

Allison Vaisar

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Garner
Best Western Plus Edison Inn
Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40
Holiday Inn Express Clayton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#57 of 87 in Raleigh

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South? Share your experiences!