“Awesome people”

GreenLeadersSilver level
greenville, south carolina
“Awesome people”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was amazed at the customer service at this Wingate Inn. I have stayed at Marriott properties, Hyatt properties, Hilton, but this hotel had service that was over the top. Everyone speaks to you and makes sure your happy, they bring you breakfast and fix it for you. The front dest people go out of there way, one of them let me use a conference room for free because the lobby was busy to conduct an interview.

The hotel is also very clean, comfortable, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tarheels86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is by far the best place to stay if your spouse is like mine, very particular. The newly renovated rooms were spectacular and very clean. My wife has this thing with bed comfort and insists on a well designed mattress. There have been times when we've spent 5 or 6 hours on arrival in a city just going in and out of hotels checking the beds for comfort. We almost never reserve a hotel unless we've actually stayed there within the past 6 months and liked the beds. When we arrived in Garner we decided to try this Wingate because we stayed there 4 years ago and had a pleasant experience. This time the stay was sublime. The best thing of all, even better than the beds, was the hotel staff. The manager, Jonah, was the sweetest lady we've ever encountered in a hotel setting and she made sure we were comfortable, whatever it took. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a trouble-free lodging experience. I left my smart phone there when I checked out and called Jonah while on Hwy 40. She said she'd check the room and call me back. Within 5 minutes she had found the phone and brought it to the front desk for me to pick up. You can't go wrong with this choice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed October 15, 2011

A little hard to spot from the road (trees at main entrance could stand some trimming). Very friendly and helpful front desk folks. Room was clean, well lit, and spacious. Good sound insulation from hall and next door noises. Bed very comfortable. Nice LG 42" flat screen. Nice breakfast buffet assortment (free). For the price, you can't go wrong with this hotel.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank NJPlainsman
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised at this hotel when we arrived. We had found this online and you just never know what you'll get, but we really enjoyed our stay. The room was large, modern, and very clean. The room was so clean we were comfortable walking around without our shoes on. The beds were very comfy, we slept so well. Our room had a mini-fridge, microwave, large tv. The breakfast consisted of juices, pastries, waffles, muffins, coffee, and cereals. The hotel was very quiet. I'd recommend this as a place to stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Newport, Tennessee
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here overnight when we went to a concert at the Time Warner Amphitheater in Raleigh. It was a very nice hotel. The hotel is fairly new and just recently renovated. The lobby was nice and well appointed. The rooms were very spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. The free breakfast was very adequate and even had freshly made waffles. We paid a very affordable rate using our AAA membership number. The hotel was a short drive to the amphitheater. The only downside there was not much around the hotel. We had to drive a couple of miles to find a restaurant for our dinner meal. The check in process was a little slow there was only one clerk at the front desk and she was having to check people in as well as answer the phone. I think they should have more than one person during the check in and check out times.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank twobutlers
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed here on our tour of the east coast. It was a last minute booking and it was a good one. The hotel is easy to get to, it's clean and the rooms are spacious. The bed was comfy too. I was surprised with how big the room actually was, lots of room to move around.

The front desk staff was very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alyssa K
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I booked this hotel through Hotels.com. I left a pair of shorts in the room upon checking out and when I called the hotel, I was told that they were not found. I then received an e-mail from Hotels.com asking for a review. My review was negative based solely on my experience with the shorts. Before my review was posted on Hotels.com, the hotel staff called me to inform me that they had found my shorts. I immediately called Hotels.com, but my review which was now posted could not be retracted, modified or removed from the site. So I apologize to the staff at the Wingate Inn. This is a fine hotel with helpful staff and convenient location. I look forward to my next stay when I return to Garner and to retrieving my shorts which they are holding for me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank jst0651
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Garner
Best Western Plus Edison Inn
Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh / Crabtree Valley
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#55 of 85 in Raleigh

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South? Share your experiences!