“Very pleasant venue”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Garner
Ottawa, Canada
“Very pleasant venue”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Nice, clean, large rooms. Just what you would expect from a Hampton Inn - very good amenities without excess luxury. Nice trees outside the windows, outdoor pool, only one elevator, slightly strange hot breakfast options: pre-made egg products sealed up ready to be microwaved. Also cereal, bread, toast, fruit etc. so not bad overall. Good coffee in the lobby available all day. Pleasant staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Samantha S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Hello there! Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with us! I'm glad you found our accommodations comfortable and enjoyed your stay! I hope you'll be back again soon if your travels bring you to our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Garner, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2014

the hotel pretty much had what they advertised they had. The hotel is close to Hwy 40 which is great when traveling. You will be located near Raleigh, Benson, Angier, Fuquay Varina, Clayton. Nice restaurants near by. We love the Club House behind Food Lion. Great Hometown club/restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the hotel to be conveniently located and easy to get to. We love the fact that there are many options around our area when visiting and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Furnishings and conditions very good. Staff very good and attentive. The hotel was easy to get in and out of. The parking lot was clean and in order. The shrubs and the rest of the area in front of the hotel were very tidy and well kept.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi there! Thank you so much for a great review of your recent stay with us! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel comfortable! We have a hard working staff who keeps up the hotel and keeps it running well and I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay! We hope you'll stay again if your travels bring you to our area again in the future!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Great value, very reasonable price for spacious room with work desk, table with 2 chairs even with 2 beds in room. No parking issues. Kids loved the cookies & hot chocolate available all day/night. (Also coffee, tea, apples.) They loved the selection of breakfast items numbered with a corresponding menu to make yourself in the microwaves at the breakfast buffet. I loved it as you not only have more choices, it's made fresh & hot when you heat it & not sitting out , getting cold & handled by countless guests helping themselves . Very good business practice on the hotel's part as I imagine it cuts down on wasted buffet food that guests fill their plates with then end up throwing away . There's less likelihood to do this when you have to heat up one item (omelette , sausage biscuit, egg sandwich , etc. ) at a time. Front desk staff was pleasant , even took our picture when we asked her to & recommended restaurants . Great security , need key to enter front entrance to lobby late at night. Many restaurants nearby. Would stay again when in area.

• Stayed April 2014
Samantha S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and that your kids enjoyed the cookies in the evening! I'm glad you had a great experience while staying with us and enjoyed your stay. I hope you will come back to visit with us when in the area again!
onley, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2014

All was as expected except directional signs getting into hotel. Needs more signage when coming east on 42. The hotel quality was Hampton Inn standard. The Breakfast lacked the normal fresh input. All was microwave.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of your stay with us and your honest opinions about our your stay and experience with our breakfast. We are actually looking to revamp our breakfast to appeal to more guests with fresh, hot items and some different variety! So please come back by and stay with us again and let us know what you think of our new breakfast!
Irvine, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel is a dump in my opinion. I am a HH member and travel extensively around the nation. The hotel rooms are old, the furniture looks to be circa 1980's. The AC/heat did not work. The interior of the room is just god awful workmanship. sloppy repairs, caulking, paint, etc. This is a 2 out of 10 on my scale.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Aaron B
Samantha S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
Wading River, New York
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this outstanding hotel on March 29th and again April 2nd, 2014.
Both times excellent. I have never seen a Hampton Inn in such perfect condition, including the
above average breakfast. Staff members I encountered Claudia Hernandez was fantastic.
And when I arrived March 29th- there was a tornado warning. Lindzy was very personable and super friendly. She allowed me to park up front during the torrential downpour. The breakfast offers everything. A neat microwave set up offers food as good as if you got it from a buffet. I guarantee you will not be disappointed if you choose this hotel. There are near a few different routes so I was able to go NE across the state for a quicker route to I95 North. Great stay, thanks, Sandra Dudley

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take great pride in our hotel, our staff, and the entire hotel and we love getting such warm reviews from our guests. I'm happy that you had great experiences with Claudia and Linzy and I will be certain to send your comments along to them! We look forward to having you back again very soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South
Super 8 Garner/Clayton/Raleigh
Comfort Suites Clayton
Comfort Suites Clayton
#1 of 2 in Clayton

Been to Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40? Share your experiences!