“A short get away” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Garner
onley, United States
“A short get away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

All was as expected except directional signs getting into hotel. Needs more signage when coming east on 42. The hotel quality was Hampton Inn standard. The Breakfast lacked the normal fresh input. All was microwave.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Samantha S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay with us and your honest opinions about our your stay and experience with our breakfast. We are actually looking to revamp our breakfast to appeal to more guests with fresh, hot items and some different variety! So please come back by and stay with us again and let us know what you think of our new breakfast!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Irvine, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel is a dump in my opinion. I am a HH member and travel extensively around the nation. The hotel rooms are old, the furniture looks to be circa 1980's. The AC/heat did not work. The interior of the room is just god awful workmanship. sloppy repairs, caulking, paint, etc. This is a 2 out of 10 on my scale.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Aaron B
Samantha S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
Wading River, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this outstanding hotel on March 29th and again April 2nd, 2014.
Both times excellent. I have never seen a Hampton Inn in such perfect condition, including the
above average breakfast. Staff members I encountered Claudia Hernandez was fantastic.
And when I arrived March 29th- there was a tornado warning. Lindzy was very personable and super friendly. She allowed me to park up front during the torrential downpour. The breakfast offers everything. A neat microwave set up offers food as good as if you got it from a buffet. I guarantee you will not be disappointed if you choose this hotel. There are near a few different routes so I was able to go NE across the state for a quicker route to I95 North. Great stay, thanks, Sandra Dudley

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take great pride in our hotel, our staff, and the entire hotel and we love getting such warm reviews from our guests. I'm happy that you had great experiences with Claudia and Linzy and I will be certain to send your comments along to them! We look forward to having you back again very soon!
APOPKA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

I enjoyed my stay recently. Very convienient location with restaurants within walking distance and close to the city of Raleigh. The breakfast selection was very good with some healthy options. Overall room was cleam and comfortable. Will stay there again when I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm happy that you found the room and surroundings comfortable! We look forward to having you back with us again soon!
Springfield, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Although renovated and well appointed, this hotel lacks in cleanliness. Our first room had a bathroom with a used wash cloth hanging on the towel rod, smelled of sewer gas, and a shower that whistled so loudly that we could not stand it. The towels and wash cloths were thin and the sheets were thin from wear. Since we arrived late at night, we spent that night and asked to be moved. Although our next room smelled better due to deodorizer, it still did not feel clean. Dust accumulated along the baseboard in the room and in the hallway. We stayed four nights to visit family in the area and paid just under $100 per night. I must say the majority of the staff was well appointed and friendly, however, a few did not appear professional at all. Although this hotel had been renovated and was well appointed, it did not give us a feeling of cleanliness.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms and felt that they lacked in cleanliness. This is something we take very seriously here and will follow up with our housekeeping staff and make sure proper procedures are being followed when cleaning. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
Suwanee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is your standard Hampton Inn. The price is lower because of the location. The staff is excellent and the amenities are standard Hampton Inn. I slept great. The biggest downer was a slower that average Internet connection.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! We love to hear when our guests really ejoyed their stay with us. We hope you come back and stay with us when visiting our area next time!
Garner, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed one night with our grandkids, who live close by. They loved everything about it, down to the little bars of soap that they took home. Everything you expect from a Hampton Inn. And the expanded breakfast selection was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us. We are delighted that you and your grandkids enjoyed your stay! We take pride in being a family friendly hotel and love having families and their kids around! We look forward to having you back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South
Comfort Suites Clayton
Comfort Suites Clayton
#1 of 2 in Clayton
BEST WESTERN Plus Edison Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40? Share your experiences!