Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Garner
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was here for a week in June 2013. The air conditioning on first floor was not working; it cooled the room but did not take moisture out of the air. I came back each night to find my papers damp and my exercise clothes still wet. By Thursday, I found mold growing on the furniture. When I complained on Tuesday, I was told they would put me on a waiting list, but I was never given a new room. When I checked out on Friday I was told they didn't have a waiting list. The floors on the first level, including the the lobby, were wet with moisture and there were "wet floor" signs throughout. I would never stay here again and would not recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Samantha S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

We’re sorry we didn't provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn't happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This location was nice. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was good. I had never seen the microwaveable foods and they were very tasty. We did have to wait for service when we arrived after 10pm.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn in Clayton. I'm glad you ejoyed the breakfast and found our hotel enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I enjoy having the experience of using Hampton Hotel whereever I travel. the experience was very good. The staff was exremely helpful. I will come back to stay at this hotel again in the near future. When I travel I always look for a Hampton Hotel . Thank you for the Hampton Hotel eperience

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel during your recent stay. We strive to make sure each and every guest enjoys their time with us and I'm glad you found our hotel pleasing. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Me made our call to stay here based off others reviews of this hotel and other hotles in the area. Cleary it was the right choice. Clean, well stocked, nice employes, off the main road and confy bed...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad to hear you took your time looking through reviews and made your decision based on what others said about us here at the Hampton Inn in Clayton. We love to hear that our guests enjoyed themselves when they were here and I'm glad that was the case with your stay! We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice clean place to stay, clean rooms and nice breakfast. It's not a 5 star hotel but good value clean and felt safe. Had many outlets next to the nightstand which was very convenient for cell phones and computers. Would stay here again with the family or on business .

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Excellent place to stay. I have stayed here twice and it has always been clean and the staff always helpful. The breakfast is always a plus when you have several mouths to feed. The pool is also a plus.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I traveled to NC for a graduation party from May 31 - June 1 (weekend) and stayed at this hotel. Although the hotel needs some updating I must say that is absolutely CLEAN!! I stayed at a room with a King size bed which was so comfortable, I slept like a baby. The room was a nice size with a small sofa, flat screen TV, a desk and a nice hot shower. The hotel is close to a very busy road but I never heard a noise. They also serve a full breakfast (muffins, hot cereal, microwave sandwiches, make your own waffles, etc)....they start serving early, which is great if you need to be on the road. There a restuarants and stores within walking or driving distances. I have to also mention the staff was professional and very friendly. The only negative is that the elevator is slow and the pool is small. Nevertheless I would recommend this hotel & stay here next time I visit my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
Holiday Inn Express Clayton
#8 of 9 in Garner
Comfort Suites Clayton
Comfort Suites Clayton
#1 of 2 in Clayton

Been to Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40? Share your experiences!