All reviews grocery store front desk great hotel fast food clean rooms cookies complimentary breakfast off the highway home away from home would stay here again the breakfast area concert at walnut creek a great stay easy access waffles nice breakfast bed was comfortable
Reviewed May 30, 2013

One of the biggest things I found when I arrived it that there are two Raliegh locations. I ended up just picking one and fortunately for me it was the right location. One is Garner and the other is Clayton but they both have Garner addresses. Overall the location was nice; staff didn't seem too excited about their jobs. Not the normal Hilton staff I am used to.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great location, very nice staff and very quiet. Very close to stores and restaurants and main roads. Got two very good nights of sleep. Would definitely rebook when visiting the area. Hampton Inn did not disappoint.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Lobby area under remodling, carpet lacking because of water leaks from the 2nd and 3rd floors. Pool not operating due to water leak issues. Wedding party on Saturday night lasted into the wee hours of Sunday which was our travel day for a ten hour drive. No Doze anyone?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The room was comfortable, clean, and smelled fresh. The staff were helpful and friendly, always approachable. Even though the heating/cooling system was somewhat noisy, we turned it off and were comfortable in the room and able to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

While the staff at this hotel were nice and the rate we got was affordable, we went during their construction season. They had just completed the dry walling of the front area, where the breakfast area was supposed to be. It was very dusty, but I could understand that. What was problematic was they put us in a room next to the construction area and across from the temporary dining area. It was loud and kept my wife up. While this would have been manageable, I awoke in the morning to a flood coming into the construction area from an upstairs room. I went upstairs to see what was happening, and it appeared that there was a major waterline break in one room. The people there seemed good-natured, but they were busy getting all their stuff out and moving out of the hotel. While the water was not coming into our room, the hotel staff was telling people to leave through another exit. We did so. What still puzzles me is that for several hours, the water had been running and was still running when we left. I don't know why they couldn't have shut off the water. We left quickly without looking back, glad to be dry and away from a challenging experience.

Room Tip: Make sure not to book a room near the front nor near the icemaker. The latter can be very loud.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Samantha S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I do greatly apologize for the HUGE inconvenience with the unfortunate accident we had with a water pipe breaking. I understand what a hassle it can be and how frustrating it is when you experience problems during a hotel stay. I want my guests to have a perfect experience with us and I apologize that you didn't. I hope, other than the water issues Sunday morning, that you were otherwise able to enjoy your stay with us. I hope you'll come back and visit and see our lobby and breakfast area when it's completed!