“Would stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Garner
Taylorsville, United States
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The room was comfortable, clean, and smelled fresh. The staff were helpful and friendly, always approachable. Even though the heating/cooling system was somewhat noisy, we turned it off and were comfortable in the room and able to sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

While the staff at this hotel were nice and the rate we got was affordable, we went during their construction season. They had just completed the dry walling of the front area, where the breakfast area was supposed to be. It was very dusty, but I could understand that. What was problematic was they put us in a room next to the construction area and across from the temporary dining area. It was loud and kept my wife up. While this would have been manageable, I awoke in the morning to a flood coming into the construction area from an upstairs room. I went upstairs to see what was happening, and it appeared that there was a major waterline break in one room. The people there seemed good-natured, but they were busy getting all their stuff out and moving out of the hotel. While the water was not coming into our room, the hotel staff was telling people to leave through another exit. We did so. What still puzzles me is that for several hours, the water had been running and was still running when we left. I don't know why they couldn't have shut off the water. We left quickly without looking back, glad to be dry and away from a challenging experience.

Room Tip: Make sure not to book a room near the front nor near the icemaker. The latter can be very loud.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Samantha S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I do greatly apologize for the HUGE inconvenience with the unfortunate accident we had with a water pipe breaking. I understand what a hassle it can be and how frustrating it is when you experience problems during a hotel stay. I want my guests to have a perfect experience with us and I apologize that you didn't. I hope, other than the water issues Sunday morning, that you were otherwise able to enjoy your stay with us. I hope you'll come back and visit and see our lobby and breakfast area when it's completed!
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a well run, very quiet Hampton. Good location a little south of town. The rooms were clean, bedding very good. A note, there is little in the way of dining nearby, so don't plan to walk to dinner. No hot breakfast just microwaveable type fare but well presented.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it and I hope you'll be back to stay with us soon!
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was well satisfied with my stay here. Great breakfast selection, comfortable, quiet rooms and easy internet use. It was very clean and the staff were willing to help with information. It was located in a nice area with access to lots of businesses and the interstate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Bethesda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was a very good choice for us. Clean rooms, outstanding lobby and breakfast areas, delicious breakfasts (we stayed 3 nights!), and some of the most comfortable beds I've ever experienced. The morning "breakfast bags" were an added bonus!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Samantha S, Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your compliments about your stay! We love hearing our guests feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Very accommodating staff, proactive to our needs. Definitely caring.

The manager learned we were going to drive thru a big storm and sent us off with a couple of "on the run" breakfast bags so we could have some snacks along the way.

Rooms were clean. Not newly remodeled but not dated either.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you found our staff helpful and attentive to your needs! I hope you were able to make it home safely and we hope you stop by again soon!
Franklin, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I appreciated the bereavement rate. Helpful, outgoing service. Location is within walking distance to grocery, ABC store, and dining options. Easy access to interstate. Most complimentary breakfast options I have seen in this category. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and I hope you can visit us again in the future under better circumstances!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Garner
BEST WESTERN Plus Edison Inn
Comfort Suites Clayton
Comfort Suites Clayton
#1 of 2 in Clayton

Been to Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40? Share your experiences!