All reviewsgrocery storefront deskfruit smoothiesgreat hotelfast foodclean roomscookiescomplimentary breakfastoff the highwayhome away from homewould stay here againthe breakfast areaconcert at walnut creeka great stayeasy accesswafflesnice breakfast
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I are regular guests at this hotel. It has spacious & clean rooms. The front desk is awesome and always friendly. If you like to use hotel toiletries you may want to skip it and bring your faves from home. In the past several stays there is never conditioner in the bath. No biggie but if you forget you may be disappointed. Even though there is an IHOP right in front of hotel we have always eaten at the Hampton. There are a variety breakfast sandwiches, hot waffle station, eggs, cereals, etc. plenty of choices for even the choosiest eater. The town of Garner is your typical small town but there are endless family dining options on 70. If you get time try out Kickback Jacks on the corner I-70 and Garner Station Blvd. great family friendly sports bar/restaurant.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room on second or third floor. First floor rooms are on same floor of cafe and reception. It can get noisy at times when guests are checking in.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a great hotel. Jerry at the Front Desk was absolutely wonderful. He resolved the mix-up with our reservation, which I made at another location, and also searched for the HH number. Jerry went out of his way to be sure that we were comfortable. After a harried ride on I-40 during the ice storm, we were so happy to be there. So, you know that we have no complaints - great room; great staff; great service. When in this area again, we will stay at this HI. Thanks.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Samantha S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments! That was a very unexpected ice storm and we're glad we were able to provide a comfortable place for you to stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that Jerry took great care of you!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Raleigh/Clayton on our way to the beach. We arrived kind of late but were welcomed by a bright smile from the young lady working that evening. We found the room to be quite comfortable and had a good nights sleep before making our way to the beach the next morning. The breakfast was stocked and run by a friendly lady who liked to talk to the guests. Plenty of choices to meet most dietary needs. We really enjoyed our quick stay and will choose this hotel again when passing through Clayton, NC. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay when passing through! We hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to the beach!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is another typical Hampton. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. My only disappointment was heading down to breakfast after a late night at a wedding reception to find microwavable breakfast. I don't know if that is standard or only on the weekends. With some fresh paint, new rugs, and a better breakfast I would give them a 5.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

We appreciate you're review! Our breakfast consists of the microwaveable items throughout the week. They are the items allowed by our health department and its what we are able to serve. I hope you were able to find something you enjoyed! Our lobby will be undergoing a complete renovation and I hope you'll come back to see us and check out our changes!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We were in Garner for a funeral and needed lodging and did not want to spend a fortune. The Hampton Inn was perfect. For a great price, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The pool area was a nice bonus and they also had a workout room, although we did not use the facility.
Breakfast was wonderful. Lots of options, fresh fruit, microwavable biscuits and sausage patties, oatmeal with dried fruits & nuts, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Also appreciated that they offered sugar free options. The make it yourself waffles were very tasty. Over all if you are looking for a hotel in the Garner area, I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: They have a fridge and microwave in the room and there is a grocery store about 1/2 mile (walking distance) from the hotel that you can purchase snacks and drinks for your room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our lodgings comfortable! I hope the next time you visit that you are in town for a happier occasion and can really relax and enjoy yourselves! Thank you very much for your review!