“Great rooms, yummy breakfast, speedy check-in”

Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Garner
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I are regular guests at this hotel. It has spacious & clean rooms. The front desk is awesome and always friendly. If you like to use hotel toiletries you may want to skip it and bring your faves from home. In the past several stays there is never conditioner in the bath. No biggie but if you forget you may be disappointed. Even though there is an IHOP right in front of hotel we have always eaten at the Hampton. There are a variety breakfast sandwiches, hot waffle station, eggs, cereals, etc. plenty of choices for even the choosiest eater. The town of Garner is your typical small town but there are endless family dining options on 70. If you get time try out Kickback Jacks on the corner I-70 and Garner Station Blvd. great family friendly sports bar/restaurant.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room on second or third floor. First floor rooms are on same floor of cafe...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a great hotel. Jerry at the Front Desk was absolutely wonderful. He resolved the mix-up with our reservation, which I made at another location, and also searched for the HH number. Jerry went out of his way to be sure that we were comfortable. After a harried ride on I-40 during the ice storm, we were so happy to be there. So, you know that we have no complaints - great room; great staff; great service. When in this area again, we will stay at this HI. Thanks.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Samantha S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments! That was a very unexpected ice storm and we're glad we were able to provide a comfortable place for you to stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that Jerry took great care of you!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Raleigh/Clayton on our way to the beach. We arrived kind of late but were welcomed by a bright smile from the young lady working that evening. We found the room to be quite comfortable and had a good nights sleep before making our way to the beach the next morning. The breakfast was stocked and run by a friendly lady who liked to talk to the guests. Plenty of choices to meet most dietary needs. We really enjoyed our quick stay and will choose this hotel again when passing through Clayton, NC. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay when passing through! We hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to the beach!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is another typical Hampton. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. My only disappointment was heading down to breakfast after a late night at a wedding reception to find microwavable breakfast. I don't know if that is standard or only on the weekends. With some fresh paint, new rugs, and a better breakfast I would give them a 5.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

We appreciate you're review! Our breakfast consists of the microwaveable items throughout the week. They are the items allowed by our health department and its what we are able to serve. I hope you were able to find something you enjoyed! Our lobby will be undergoing a complete renovation and I hope you'll come back to see us and check out our changes!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We were in Garner for a funeral and needed lodging and did not want to spend a fortune. The Hampton Inn was perfect. For a great price, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The pool area was a nice bonus and they also had a workout room, although we did not use the facility.
Breakfast was wonderful. Lots of options, fresh fruit, microwavable biscuits and sausage patties, oatmeal with dried fruits & nuts, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Also appreciated that they offered sugar free options. The make it yourself waffles were very tasty. Over all if you are looking for a hotel in the Garner area, I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: They have a fridge and microwave in the room and there is a grocery store about 1/2 mile (walking di...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our lodgings comfortable! I hope the next time you visit that you are in town for a happier occasion and can really relax and enjoy yourselves! Thank you very much for your review!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

OK, As I write this I am trying to decide on overall rating. It is a clean place to stay, Check in is good, one person seems to be a little impatient. One of the desk clerks seems to hate being there, but that is ok. I was even told one night that my flip flops seem to annoy this person. I laugh that off. Never a friendly smile from this Desk Clerk. I have being staying there for many years. The rooms are very clean, cookies out every night for those that enjoy them. the fitness center and internet service is another thing that needs to be address. Internet service is just to slow. The thread mill machine has constant problems. My last visit this week involved going 10 minutes and it cuts off. Now if you are running at 6 miles an hour that sucks. All of sudden it stops and you almost fall off of it. So Come on replace it and make us all happy. I belive this palce deserves a 3 but out of the kindeness of my heart I will give it a 4. I will stay again if they improve the internet service and of course the thread mill. Please get it fix before someone gets hurt.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

I'd like to first thank you for being a loyal guest and returning to stay with us over the years. I would like to mention, aside from having the lobby remodeled this year, we'll also be installing brand new fitness equipment as well has switching to a new internet service provider. We have alot of exciting things to be going on this year and I hope you'll come back and let us know what you think of everything!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Traveling on business, great rate, clean and nice !

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
Holiday Inn Express Clayton
#8 of 9 in Garner
Comfort Suites Clayton
Comfort Suites Clayton
#1 of 2 in Clayton

Been to Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40? Share your experiences!