All reviewsgrocery storefront deskfruit smoothiesgreat hotelfast foodclean roomscookiescomplimentary breakfastoff the highwayhome away from homewould stay here againthe breakfast areaconcert at walnut creeka great stayeasy accesswafflesnice breakfast
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Returning home after a week vacation in NC. The hotel is very nice and we would love to stay again when we go that way. The desk was very helpful and the room was great. Nice clean comfy beds and the bath was clean and the water was hot. We enjoyed the pool but the hot tub was not heating. The evening snacks were plentiful with juice and coffee, the breakfast was very good, had a wide assortment. Check out was quick and easy. This hampton has a family down home feel to it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Utilized Hampton Inn, Garner for a Concert at Walnut Creek and had a nice stay. We arrived around 1:30pm to see if we could check in early and they did have our room ready. This Hampton Inn is a bit outdated like other reviews reported and if we stayed for more than one night we would probably downgrade the overall 5 stars to 4 stars. The only issue that I had was that this hotel only has one elevator and it is very slow, real slow. The room was quiet, nice beds and pillows, good hot showers. The pool is small but nice to cool off since it was 100 degrees the day we arrived. A Food Lion is within walking distance. Wal-Mart is about ½ mile down the road so it would be wise to drive. Traffic from the off ramp is busy getting onto the access road to the hotel as well as leaving to get to I-40. Breakfast was nice, a lot of microwave sandwiches and standard continental stuff. I went down a little early and my wife went really late to see if they were still serving and they were open even after 9:00am so that was nice. Overall we will stay here again for another concert.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. It is most certainly very hot in July and poolside is the place to be! There's alot going on at Walnut Creek this year and I hope you come back to stay with us soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2011

we often stay here on our way back from fl to visit with family and on our way back from sunset beach to vist with the family. this is 1/2 way between fl an Phila.. pa and only 3 hrs from sunset, It is a lovely hotel and the staff is alway very nice. beds are great and breakfast is nice and served early.

jj
lansdale, pa

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I usually don’t sleep as well in a hotel as I do at home, but the bed at this Hampton Inn was so comfortable, that I slept through the night. And even though it was close to a busy road, we didn’t hear any traffic noise during our stay. Our room had a king size bed, couch, flat screen TV, and a mini fridge and microwave. The TV had a good selection of channels, but the picture could have been clearer. There was a business center located near the lobby with two computers, and a printer, which was handy for printing out boarding passes. The free breakfast had the usual assortments of muffins, bagels, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, and make your own waffles. There was also a large selection of pre-packaged frozen items, such as pancakes, French toast, egg sandwiches, etc. Each variety had a number on it that corresponded to a number on the microwave, so it would automatically heat it to the right temperature. I tried the French toast, and it wasn’t the best, but it wasn’t all that bad. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cookies are available throughout the day. The hotel is located within walking distance of a shopping center with a Food Lion supermarket. A super Walmart was located a few minutes’ drive away.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

It's nice to see you had such a pleasant stay with us! Our beds are one thing we know our guests love. They are so comfortable and you seem to get all cozied up and lost in them! Alot of people would assume that since we are right by the interstate that there would be a noise issue and as you pointed out, you can't hear the interstate noise at all. I love that we have such a quiet location and I'm glad you found that to be the case! I hope you will come stay with us again if you're in the area in the future!

Reviewed May 20, 2011

I love and always stay at Hampton Inns' but this one did not meet my expectations as in comparisons to tons I have stayed in the past. It is an older and un-renovated hotel and in which is fine, but the rooms are not the cleanlinest. I had mold in my bathroom and on the walls, which is not a good look for a Hilton property. The furniture is old, torn and unkept. Overall, I was highly dissappointed in this hotel. For a $100 a night, I felt like I was staying at a Howard Johnson or something. Even Red Roof would had been better. The location was perfect and staff were very friendly and professional. I give kudos to the staff! But this hotel needs a few extra arrangements on upkeep. I would stay again. I just hope another room would be more suitable.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
HIC2010, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2011

Thank you very much for visiting us on Trip Advisor. It is very important to us to know how our guests stays are and any problems they encountered. I do greatly apologize that you found mold in the bathroom. It obviously went unnoticed and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. I have advised my maintenance staff of the issue and they are taking care of it immediately. Thank you very much for the great compliment on my staff. I take great pride in the staff I have on board and I love to hear that my guests have good experiences with them. Thank you again for your response and I hope you'll stay with us again when you visit our area in the future!