“Quiet Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Garner
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quiet Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

I spent 1 night here June 1, 2007. The staff at the front desk were very friendly. The room was clean. It had a micro/refrig and a T.V. with a VCR. (I wished I had know this) It also had filtered water for drinking and in the shower. The location is great. It is about 10-15min drive to downtown Raleigh. There are a lot of restaurants in the area. (IHOP, Golden Corell, McDonalds, etc.) Walmart and Kmart are also in the area. The only complaint I have is about the continental breakfast. When we arrived at the hotel, the gentlman at the front desk told us there would be sauage biscuits, and eggs. No eggs!! Only had cereal, bagels, honey buns, dry waffles, fruit, yogurt. The young lady that was in charge of the breakfast area was terrible. We had to ask for more milk, danishes, utensils and the sausage biscuits. The biscuits were apparently hiding in the kitchen for whatever reason. They were not placed in the breakfast area. If you are not looking for much of a breakfast this hotel is ok.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No Pool
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank VSand88197

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

The hotel was pretty good! Not the Presidential Suite at the Wynn, but since I was only paying about $80, it was just fine!

My room was very clean with a comfy bed with very smooth sheets and nice pillows, a little sofa, and a desk & chair.

The bathroom was also clean and the towels were very fluffy and thick. Good water pressure and lots of hot water.

The air conditioner/heater unit was alittle noisy, but I think that if I had stayed more than one night, I would have adjusted to its "drone." Even with it running, I was able to sleep pretty well.

Breakfast was fine - apples and bananas, yogurt, muffins, items for toasting, cereals, instant oatmeal and instant grits (egads!) and butter substitute - the basics. Good coffee.

Note - a specal thanks to Alex Young at the front desk. I had a lapse in common sense and used Yahoo maps to get me from the airport to the hotel. Of course, I got lost in what I think could only be referred to as a "less desireable part of town." When I tried to turn around, I ended up more lost. I called the hotel and got Mr. Young. Even though, he had no idea where I was (I had nearly driven to Raleigh), he said he'd keep me on the phone as long as it took to get me to the hotel. I eventually made it - thanks to Mr. Young!

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Nothing really. It was fine.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Lorinfur
Morehead City, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2004

Stayed here June 2004 on business. Easy access to I-40. Rooms were clean and staff was pleasant. Carpet is beginning to show signs of wear but still okay. Breakfast bar (complimentary)was clean and had good choices.

7 Thank Korin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South
Comfort Inn
#51 of 83 in Raleigh
3.5 of 5 stars 82 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cary Inn - NC State

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Edison Inn? Share your experiences!