“great one night stay...”

Holiday Inn Express Clayton
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Garner
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I arrived at 200am good size parking lot easy to get a semi into... the girl at chech in was great,freindly and fun to talk to...got in room and eveything was top notch,comfy bed,well lit,lots of hot water and heater was quiet and worked well....breakfast was also good with a big variety.....only downfalls8'' of snow and parking lot and sidewalks were a real mess to say the least but that is understandable seeing how raleigh isnt used to much if any snow...and wireless internet was down but all in all I would stay here again....

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank teamster175
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Clayton

Reviewed December 1, 2009

The service was great. We made reservations on-line. Starting at the front desk; we had reservations for four rooms, and we got four really nice rooms, two of us checked in the night before the others and it all went well. The free hot brekfast was just that; scrambled eggs, sausage, breads, muffins, coffee, milk and juice. This brekfast was as good as going out. This Holiday Inn Express is the place to stay when your in Garner or Clayton.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2009

the entire place was extremely clean, all the employees we came in contact with were nice. the room was well stocked. beds were very comfortable. we actually wondered if they have recently remodeled, everything looked relatively new. NO COMPLAINANTS.
close to restaurants and gas stations.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank no1princess
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Had to stay in the Raleigh area at the last minute for business and needed a government rate. My usual places were sold out. Surprised at the $100 tab for a holiday inn express that far out of Raleigh. The bed was hard as a rock! Very uncomfortable sitting area in rooms for business travelers to work at. OK place in a pinch, but there has to be a better place in the Raleigh area.

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank travelinLeese
Reviewed May 14, 2007

I travel quite a bit on business and I am a platinum member of the HI points program, meaning I spend a lot of time at Holiday Inn properties. Generally, I have no problems, most HI Express are not the Ritz but nice and clean with a great breakfast bar.

I think that is why I found my visit this HI Express so disappointing. The biggest problem was our room and second the staff. We checked in, got to the room and first thing I notice is a beer bottle cap stuck into the stucco ceiling, kind of nasty. Next two lights in the room with burn holes in the lamp shades, and a phone that did not work. In addition the bathroom was nasty and our covers on our beds, both of them, had burn holes also.

The front desk simply shrugged when I told him of our problems. We were only staying 2 nights so we toughed it out.

If you are a fan of comfortable reasonable travel I would normally highly recommend any HI property, this one however was a BIG disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank egallag
Reviewed July 26, 2004

This hotel was adequate, but I expected better from a hotel in the Holiday Inn chain. The front desk service was not very good. We had reserved and confirmed a crib. At check in, we were told that the crib "was broken". When I asked what they suggested my family and I do I was told to go to a different hotel. That's not very service-oriented nor is it appropriate. I was able to repair the crib myself so all was well.

We had 5 rooms booked in a group for a total of 12 nights. 4 of thr 5 rooms experienced varying levels of bad service from the desk staff.

Also, the toilets don't have toilet seat covers. We had to stop our child from flushing things several times. Covers wouldn't be too hard to install, would they?

Otherwise, the hotel was clean enough and is very conveniently located.

6  Thank pipanale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40
Sleep Inn Garner
Sleep Inn Garner
#7 of 9 in Garner
Super 8 Garner/Clayton/Raleigh

Been to Holiday Inn Express Clayton? Share your experiences!