“Pleasantly surprised...We'll be back!”
Review of TerraFin Station - CLOSED

TerraFin Station
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Our group of 5 needed somewhere to sit down and eat in the Garner area on a Wednesday night. There are not a lot of choices, so I looked on Tripadvisor and decided to try TerraFin Station. Upon entering, the restaurant looks neat and has a stark vibe. I think with some lighting ambiance it would kick up the coziness a little. Our waiter, Jordan, was very attentive and was very willing to indulge our questions about the menu and what he liked. We had the fried pickles, calamari and pimento cheese fritters. All were very good. For dinner we had The Garlic Merlot Ribeye....super tasty and juicy. It was a large steak for the money....the shrimp and grits....tasty with very creamy cheesy grits. The shrimp were small but cooked well. The Reuben sandwich...very good. The Lobster Mac and cheese...very good but sauce didn't adhere to the pasta and could have used a little more sauce.....The cleveland burger with sweet potato fries.....very juicy and huge. The fries were excellent too. The sweet tea was made to perfection also. We didn't have any desserts as we were stuffed after the entrees. I would recommend Terrafin Station for those wanting to support local establishments. I don't think you will be disappointed. It wasn't a busy night so our service was very timely. We will definitely come back to try some of the other menu items.

There are newer reviews for TerraFin Station

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Wonderful food, drinks & staff!!! Glad it right up the street from home, so we can enjoy at any time!!!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This restaraunt has lasted much longer than I anticipated. I like the owners and that is probably what sells the place as much as some folks appreciation for what I deem lackluster tasting dishes. I have eaten at this establishment approximately 5 times and have only NOT been dissappointed with a salmon dish.

It is my hope that they can vastly improve the recipes on their current menu, give faster service, change some of the decor, and fix the building to where your feet won't be cold while sitting down during the cooler months.

The best tasting/cleanest places to eat in the intersection area of Hwy 40 and 42 are: Cookout, Jersey Mikes, Smithfield Chicken and BBQ, Snoopy's, and Yummi Japan.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Took a group of girls here last week. The outside was plain and could use some paint. The inside in the bar was clean and inviting. They seated us in the back room, was nice and quiet. This place was empty for a weekday lunch. I ordered the tilapia tacos, were very nicely plated but was very fishy tasting, I believe to be frozen and not fresh fish. A disappointment. The majority of girls ordered the rolled up sand. all were very pleased.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I live in Clayton and our biggest complaint is the lack of quality restaurants. After hearing about Terrafin a couple years ago... we never tried it for some reason. Well, let me put it very plainly... this is the best place we have eaten in Johnston County.

I had the Merlot Ribeye, my wife had the Cobia special, and we shared some fried oysters. All were very good! The beer list was also very good... locals on tap were impressive. The wine list was not so good, however.

Overall, a very good experience... and we will be back.

1  Thank Mike M