“Rude”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Garner
Burgaw, North Carolina
“Rude”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have never stayed at this hotel before and will never again. My room was ok but my toilet didnt work and when I called the front desk the desk clerk sent the "janitor" to fix it. This man was rude rude rude. He was disrespectful and did not even address me when he come into my room. He complained that it was MY fault that the toilet didnt work and did not even give me a chance to tell him what the problem was with the dang toilet. Will not stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank carol d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
North Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel frequently and I definitely recommend staying here. The employees go above and beyond to help their guests and the owners work very digilently to make sure every thing is kept up to date and clean. While staying here their was an extremely large group of people that the hotel employees went way beyond their duties to accomdate and I have no complaints what so ever about this hotel. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was tired out when I arrived here and they were very nice. I had a clean room that I didn't mind coming back to for a second night after working all day. The breakfast was good, there was a coffee maker in the room, and I had everything I needed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jennykr1
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My fiance & I moved to Clayton, NC almost 3 months ago, when my in-laws decided to visit I began looking up local hotels. I personally would have chosen the hotel 5 min up the road but it was completely non-smoking and they wanted a smoking room. So upon some review I came across Sleep Inn in Garner (approx 15 min away), so I booked the hotel. They arrived Friday 5/18 very late and checked in without a problem. There was a bunch of renovations going on (which the website did not say beforehand) so I was disappointed with that b/c really who wants to deal with all that? The initial sweep of the room was fine, beds were comfy enough, fridge was cold (too cold though as it froze stuff not just kept it cold). They checked out 5/24. During their stay there was nothing but disappointments that kept coming & coming. The 1st night after check in the room was never cleaned at all, so they told the desk clerk that they were under the assumption the room would be cleaned (not in depth, just beds, bathroom, coffee pot emptied, etc) each day. Desk clerk said it would be. The 2nd & 3rd days the beds were made but the coffee pot was not emptied, the bathroom was unclean, floor dirty and wet towels still on the floor. Everyday they had to call/go down to have towels given to them. No additional shampoo, soap, coffee, coffee cups, etc were brought even though they were asked for numerous times. One night a drunk kid in his underwear banged on the door at 1:11 am for several minutes before someone from another room realized he was supposed to be in there and grabbed the kid out of the hallway. That same night the entire night was filled with slamming doors, assumingly from people going in & out of their rooms but it was constant and no sleep was gotten. We spoke to the manager/desk clerk about it and he said that the sheriff was called about the incident. On Wednesday the cards were deactivated and were told it was a security measure that every 3 days they deactivate. That is not true because if that were the case it would have been deactivated Monday not Wednesday (the day before check out). When speaking to the guy who said he was the manager upon check out (again) he did say sorry about that to all that happened but that was it. He didn't seem remorseful or offer 10% off for all the hassles of the stay. This wasn't just a 1 night $70 stay, it was close to a $500 stay and when you spend that type of money you expect a good stay. They will NOT be staying at this hotel the next time they are in town. Extremely disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank deezlezbianlvr
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My family often chooses Sleep Inn for quick stops, mostly for the better-than-average free breakfasts and the generally consistent comfortable beds. This Sleep Inn, however, seems to be an exception to the rule.

The location is convenient to the Raleigh-Durham area and easily accessible from the highway. The staff is professional but seems to be overwhelmed. When we checked in at mid-afternoon there were six parties waiting ahead of us, one staff person at check in, and another floating around offering no relief. The room and the beds were unusually small. Myself and my teenage son took the two beds and my two younger kids had to sleep on the floor. The breakfast was one of the skimpiest I have seen at a Sleep Inn.

I will acknowledge this hotel may be a good value for single travelers who have other dining options, but it was not suitable for my family

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This was my second stay at the Sleep Inn in Garner, NC. Once again I was pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel and the extremely welcoming staff. While this is a Sleep Inn and not a luxury hotel, the value is outstanding. Basic but clean and welcoming at an excellent price is what you should expect!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank businesstraveler009
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The staff charged our credit card several times and could not figure out how to fix the problem. There was pubic hair in the sink. The owner Mina Palmer would not appologize and after waiting THREE hours to fix the credit card problem she refused to even comp the room. Horrible customer service! Beware...they even took personal bank account information out of hotel and would not return with it by saying their fax machines were down. To sum it up,DIRTY, RUDE,HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank c m
sleepinnofgarner, Owner at Sleep Inn Garner, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Dear Guest,
On 9-26/11, you were checking out of my hotel at approximately 10:30am, there seem to have been an issue with your charges and your mother told the Front desk agent about them and that there was a hair on your sink, so she gave you a $10.00off your room rate. then there was an issue with the shuttle charge and she fixed that issue. if you make to many correction to a Debit card your banking institution will block the card which is what happened to your Debit card.I have talked to all of my front desk staff and every one went out of there way to help you out. The GM went to the bank of the hotel to get them to try and fix the matter. But you took offense to that too. What would you have us to do. You stated you were not leaving this hotel until this mess was straightened out, so we did what we deemed necessary to fix it.
your initial charges was $108.51 the front desk agent took off the shuttle and some of your room rate $10.00 which left you owing the hotel $77.51, and it is my understanding that the problem came up when you wanted $31.00 credited right away to your Debit card, as I'm sure you have found out since yesterday it doesn't work like that with a Debit card. My front desk staff tried to explain to you that it would be credited back to your account but that wasn't good enough which is why we went to our bank to try and fix it. which provided all the information that you bank required to get back your $31.00. you also wanted free room as well as some type of coupons for free stays in future at choice hotel property. The front desk replied that this was more than she can do for you. In my 8 years with this hotel NO ONE has ever treated my front desk this INHUMANELY. There is a civilized way to resolve things. My staff did nothing wrong in this matter. they went out of their way to resolve this matter. you were threatening to call the police. maybe that would have been a better approach then what you have put my staff through. you also send health department person to come and check our property. We appreciated all of our guest. but you are one we do not have the ability to make happy and for that I'm deeply regret ed.

Amrut Parmar