“Delicious Mexican Cusine” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Delicious Mexican Cusine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This family operated restaurant has been in business in Fuquay-Varina since 1990. We have eaten here many times since then and have never been disappointed in our choices. We have tried beef tip burritos, Chile Rellenos, tostaguacs, tacos, etc. and never once had a complaint. It is always served hot, with fresh yellow chips, and salsa either spicy or mild. The staff is always willing to bring more chips and salsa, and they always refill beverages quickly. The building looks a bit run down but the food more than makes up for the older building. There is ample parking but the lot is usually crowded because the restaurant is usually crowded, most often. There is a small restroom and the cashier area is a little crowded but again, the food makes up for the lack of space. You will not be disappointed with your choice of dinner entree! Give them a try!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank mefohiker

Montana-Florida
“Service difficulties”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

El Dorado has been around for awhile we're told; restaurant condition would seem to bear that out. Their plates are plentiful enough and more or less average Mexican fare. I liked the faint smoke taste and back bite of their salsa; my husband did not; chips are thicker than average. Communication is a problem; one server told us there was no bar service, while another wanted us to order immediately and couldn't get the order right; not because of language, but because he was rushed, distracted and wouldn't take time to listen. Their chile poblanos are unlike any others we've tried. Seem to be a smallish pepper like a cubanelle, not roasted, and filled with ground meat. Then battered, fried, topped with cheese. Average foods, soupy beans, funny neon lime colored margaritas. Probably wouldn't give it another visit.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MontyJack
Zurich, Switzerland
“Average food and horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I used to eat here regularly when I lived in Fuquay. At the time, it was the only Mexican restaurant in town so I put up with the terrible service. I went back recently on a trip to North Carolina and was shocked that the service was as bad as ever. With numerous alternatives in the area with better food and service, it's surprising that this place stays in business.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice small Family Operated Mexican Restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This place has been here since I was very young, so not a new place! Has great chips, Salsa, Queso & Good food at Reasonable prices. No fancy place, but one of my favorites!!!

• Visited March 2013
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Don't get the Cheese Chorizo dip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

We've eaten at the El Dorado a couple of times. It hasn't ever been a great experience, but we got the Chori Cheese dip, which I like at many places and this was the worse I've seen. It was a runny cheese dip with Chorizo grease poured on top and a couple of specks of sausage. I also got the #15 dinner special, Burrito, Tamale and another beef item that was pretty much the burrito again with cheese on top. The tamale wasn't bad, but the ground beef in the other two items had a poor after taste. I don't know if it led to the bowel problems I had the next day or not, but it didn't help. My wife had the shrimp fajita and to be fair it was kind of taste.

• Visited December 2012