“Just OK hotel, but really nice staff!”

Quality Inn Fuquay Varina
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fuquay-Varina
Reviewed September 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 month old to attend a wedding. We were shocked to check in and learn there is NO ELEVATOR. Luckily it wasn't a problem, just more of a hassle to lug our suitcases and baby gear up a flight of stairs. Our room was a king suite and while it was large, I don't know if I'd classify it as a suite. The carpets, as well as the linens, looked new and very clean. Towels were better than average for this grade of hotel. The bathroom was old and kind of dingy looking, but clean. The walls are tissue paper thin, so hope for good neighbors!
The staff really makes this hotel. They are all very friendly and helpful and seem to be working hard to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay. The continental breakfast was decent and did include scrambled eggs, bacon, cinnamon buns, and biscuits and gravy. Don't know if we'd stay here again, but had a decent stay. I think the prices are slightly high considering the age of the hotel, but there is really no competition in town, so I guess they can get away with it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank casmommy

Reviewed August 28, 2009

I stayed in this hotel 4 nights on business. When I first checked into my room I soon realized the AC was not working. Not a good thing in August! I told the staff about it and they were very pleasant and happy to relocate me to another room. I think the hotel is just older in general. In the bathroom there was significant mold growth/stain around the fixtures and shower curtain. And the level of cleaning wasn't as detailed as I would have liked. (Corners neglected, etc.) The breakfast was good and the staff were very pleasant to be around. So not the best hotel I've stayed in but certainly not the worst either.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank JenB80
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Traveled to town and needed a quick place to stay when other arrangments didn't work out/ It was clean and affordable. Wi-Fi worked just fine and that is the most important thing to me. There is no elevator but I like to get every little bit of exercise I can. I did not eat the continental breakfast but it smelled great and looked great. I will stay here again when i return. They even gave me a discounted rate without me asking for it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank TN2009
Reviewed April 5, 2009

Stayed one night at this hotel, first and foremost there is no elevator so not ideal for anyone with disabilities. The hotel just re-carpeted most of the facility so it did smell newere but you could feel the age around the hotel. Plenty of parking and food within walking distance.
I didn't find the hotel too bad but I would probably not stay there again. This really is the only hotel in town so choices are slim! Staff was friendly and breakfast was plentiful. There is a small workout facility, but nothing above average.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank trammell
Reviewed February 9, 2009

Stayed in Fuquay due to a family members illness, I was greatly disappointed! Not only did they double charge my credit card, the breakfast was continental, the smoke detector was hanging off the wall, there were stains on my blanket, the curtain would not slide properly, the vending machines were empty the bathroom is tiny. Definitley not worth the money, it should have been called Motel 8. Pay attention to the other review "DATES" Save yourself the headache and stay accross the parking lot!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BrainsLaura
Reviewed October 14, 2008

I stayed 3 nights here. Very clean rooms, safe area, & very convenient location. Although, when I checked in, the desk person told me the cops were just there trying to throw out two drunk girls who didnt want to leave. But I saw no dangerous or scary people ever hanging around, even after dark, so I wasnt worried. It is a fine choice.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Fuquay-Varina to attend a family wedding. Half of the family stayed at the HI Express, the other half at the Comfort Inn. I rate the Holiday Inn higher. It was very well run, very clean, and recently updated inside and out. As far as Holday Inn Expresses go, it was perfect. The best part for us was the excellent staff. In addition to the usual check in/out functions, the front desk helped us out with a lost room key and kindly and quietly provided one of our young adult relations (who had "enjoyed " herself a tad too much at the wedding) with a roll-away in her cousin's room at 3:00 am, and not a word of it was mentioned to us in the morning. The young woman who was in charge of the breakfast and cleaned the rooms was very kind and helpful as well. I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BudsMom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fuquay-Varina
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn Apex
Comfort Inn Apex
#3 of 6 in Apex
Fuquay Mineral Spring Inn and Garden

Been to Quality Inn Fuquay Varina? Share your experiences!