“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fuquay-Varina
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, United States
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Not the most modern motel but very clean and excellent customer service. The WiFi was rock steady and far better than most motels I've stayed in. And, perhaps most importantly, we stayed during a 100 degree heat wave and the air conditioner kept the room nice and chilly. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Fuquay Varina.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jonathan L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

This is one of the few properties I have stayed at that actually looks like it does in the pictures. We arrived early for a wedding rehearsal, and the rehearsal ended before our check in time leaving us without anywhere to go for a few hours. We called the hotel and the gentlemen that answered the phone told us that we could check it at anytime. This saved us a lot of hassle, and a lot of idle time. The room was clean, well furnished, and the bed was comfortable. I do not know if all of the rooms are setup the exact way, but I only have one slight issue with the room we stayed in. The restroom/shower area is a bit cramped, and the sink to wash your hands after using the restroom is in the next room instead of in the restroom. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay, the wedding was great, and after a long day of wedding events, we were able to come back to the hotel and rest very easily, safely, and comfortably. The room included a good sized fridge, iron, ironing board, and coffee maker. We were unable to wake up in time for the continental breakfast, but from what I saw, and read, it should fall in line with the other high quality features of this property. The staff were all very nice, and again everything was very clean, and it is hard to please me with a hotel. If you have business in Fuquay, this is a prime location for anything going on in the area. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rob_Cunningham
Boone, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

This hotel is showing a little bit of wear, but it was very clean, and the customer service was very pleasant. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage patties, and waffles.
My only complaint was that the smell of some cleaner (maybe they had recently cleaned the carpets?) was SO strong, that we had to open the window for some fresh air. It was cold, so I felt bad about running the heater with the window open, but...

Room Tip: There are 2 floors, with no elevators.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Murphy, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Was unable to stay in a Country Inn and Suites and wanted to be in Fuquay Varina for business so I opted to stay at the Quality Inn, part of Choice Hotels, so I could build points.
Nice modern rooms, clean, no smoking is no smoking, AC is good, bedding is quality, pillows are good, good size fridge and 36" flat screen TV. Wireless Internet is pretty fast and easy to connect to. Breakfast is a little weak being a better quality continental. I am particular about a good breakfast and look for some fresh fruit which was lacking but the breakfast area is large and nice. Service is great, Don, the owner is very accommodating. I would definitely stay here again and have decided that Quality Inn is a hotel I would choose in the future over Best Western.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Ocala, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stay here occasionally during our travels. It's certainly not fancy, but the price is good, the beds comfortable, the AC works well, the rooms are clean and the shower is fine. All of the important basics are in place.
While it probably doesn't deserve more than 2 stars, the couple who run it are very nice and accomodating. On our last trip I asked for sugar-free pancake syrup, and they didn't have any. When we stopped again the following week (and they had no idea we would ever be back), the wife recognized me and proudly showed me that she now had the sugar-free syrup in the refrigerator. It's a little thing like that that makes this place a bit special.

Room Tip: No elevator. Ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank ocalaed
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I've just ended a stay of approximately 3 months at the Fuquay Varina, NC, Quality Inn and I wanted to compliment the hotel and staff on their friendliness, service, room quality and economical rate. I tend to stay in hotels several weeks a year for business and I've not received better service with any other hotel. A long term stay usually gives one plenty of time to see and experience the shortcomings of a hotel and its staff but the cleanliness of the hotel, surrounding property and the daily servicing of my room was consistently of high quality. This kind of consistency is priceless for travelers.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank sasconsultant
North carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

we stay all time overther we like there. staff is realy good fraindly.
but we always stay first floor.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ganeshnorthcarolina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fuquay-Varina
#1 of 2 in Fuquay-Varina
3.5 of 5 stars 45 reviews
#52 of 83 in Raleigh
3.5 of 5 stars 86 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs

Been to Quality Inn Fuquay Varina? Share your experiences!