“Fellow TripAdvisors....you let me down!”

Tacos Mexico Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 78 Restaurants in Fuquay-Varina
Cuisines: Mexican
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Fellow TripAdvisors....you let me down!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My wife and I went here on the advice of our fellow TripAdvisors, as the reviews made this place appear stellar. It wasn't!!

The chips and salsa are good, but everything else was mediocre. The food lacked spice and was likely "dumbed down" for American tastes. None of the salsa, guacamole, or dishes we ordered had any Mexican flavor, which is odd because the restaurant is Mexican. I understand Mexico is a vast country with numerous cooking spices, techniques, etc. but this place bordered on Taco Bell.

The staff is nice and were very accommodating after an order mix up on their end. Our feeling was this place is average; though nice decor and staff help it out. Likely a decent lunch place but not the restaurant I went to base on the reviews.

Angier, North Carolina, United States
“BEST MEXICAN FOOD EVER!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Love the food! Love the people! The salsa is AMAZING! The food is not too greasy and you are given plenty of it, especially for the price you pay! I eat there at least once a week, but crave it the rest of the week!! The staff members are so sweet and very helpful!!

• Visited June 2012
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Consistently good Tex-Mex is a bargain”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have been to Taco's about a half dozen times since moving to Fuquay and I have never been disappointed. As others have pointed out, the homemade salsa is outstanding. For entrees, I really enjoy the Chili Renellos and the Fajitas. While all of the food is very reasonable, the lunch specials just can't be beat. For under $6, you will be full and happy. What more can you ask for? The restaurant is located in a strip mall, but is colorfully -- if simply -- decorated. The service is pleasant, but can be a little slow. Overall, recommended.

• Visited February 2012
Fuquay Varina
“Taco's Mexico Second Best in Fuquay”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Taco's Mexico my second favorite in Fuquay Varina.
The chips and salsa that are brought to the table upon your arrival are fantastic and worth the trip alone. Food is generous and very fresh and tasty. The servers are attentive and prices are reasonable.See my FIRST PICK for authentic Mexican at

http:www.fuquayvarinanc.org

• Visited December 2011
“Fabulous Mexican food”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We have eaten at Tacos Mexico on average once a week for the past 5 years. There is no other Mexican restaurant in the Raleigh area. The mole is the bomb!