“I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fuquay-Varina
Nottingham, Maryland
“I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

It was only an overnight stay but we were impressed. Did not have a chance to check the restaurant.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sedona, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

We were a part of a wedding party and everyone in the wedding stayed at this dumpy hotel. I am so sick of staying in lousy quality control properties under the Choice Hotels banner. This place is obviously being milked for all that it is worth by the owner. In particular, we were ALL upset by the treatment we had by the front desk. Here's one example . . . I asked them for directions to the Raleigh Airport and they printed out a Google map, but THEY HAD NO IDEA where the first street was on the map so I could get started -- and yet, it was only one-tenth of a mile from their place! Another couple driving in from the freeway called the same people at the front desk and asked them how many miles they are from the freeway and they had NO IDEA. They literally could not even GUESS at the number of miles to the I-40 freeway!! Later in the weekend, there was a regular shuttle scheduled to take guests to the wedding location, and the front desk erroneously told everyone when they came to the lobby that the shuttle service had ended, so a bunch of semi-drunk people had to get in their cars and drive (when the shuttle had NOT ended!). This place is a poor choice -- avoid it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2008

Overall, our experience was just okay. Housekeeping continually shut off the air conditioning, so our room was always damp...a big negative, in my opinion because once you turned the air on, you had to overcompensate, and then the room was freezing cold. The room itself was alright but the appearance of the linens made the room feel dirty, even though it wasn't. The bathroom was dimly lit...again, giving it a dirty appearance. Although I can't prove it, I am pretty sure someone was in our things,and took some of our food. Not a big deal, but it still feels invasive. Speaking of food...the breakfast could have been nice, but the decent food (eggs, sausage etc) was always gone, although the hotel never seemed busy. Do employees hoard the food? Safety was also a concern....not only for the guests, but for the front desk staff too. There were strange men loitering in the parking lot and hallways late at night for no apparent reason. This hotel may be best suited for transient workers instead of families. The hotel is located near many shops and restaurants, which is a big plus, and the staff was very nice. Okay if there are no other hotels available in the area, but I would keep looking.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — Humid rooms and shady men loitering in hallways late at night.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

Many of our daughter's out- of- town wedding guests stayed at the Comfort Inn in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina. Both her Dad and I, and the groom's parents had suites for several days. I was satisfied with all aspects of our stay. Everyone I talked to liked the rooms they had - they were clean, attractive, spacious and had comfortable beds and pillows. Not all hotels have tolerable pillows!

We had asked the front desk to give out gift bags to the guests as they came in and they handled this very well. Anyone who asked for anything extra (we needed a folding table - it was in the suite when we checked in, for example) got it promptly. We rented the Meeting Room for a brunch Sunday morning and the room was set up the night before with the tables and chairs just as we had requested, with new linens on the tables. Free transportation to the wedding venue was provided in a large van. Due to wedding activities, I myself did not use the pool or breakfast room, but it certainly looked as if those areas were being enjoyed by other guests.

All in all, the stay was very enjoyable and I would recommend the property to a friend without hesitation. While everything went well, i think the biggest impression I came away with was how accomodating and helpful the staff members were at all times.

• Liked — helpfullness of all the staff we dealt with
  • Disliked — policy of the hotle made it impossible for them to tell us if we could have extended check-out time until the morning of the check out
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2008

The staff was so very rude that my husband and I left before our trip was finished and stayed down the street with Holiday Inn Express. (Where they were great,)

Stayed April 2008
wv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2007

Stayed 6/9/07. Nice room & clean.. Had a small fridge & microwave. Pool was also nice on a hot day.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2007

We stayed there after leaving a 3 story motel in another town due to no elevator and my husband has medical problems that prevent him from climbing stairs. We called the hotel directly, received a great rate and a free upgrade. The room was very clean, large, and comfortable. It was overlooking the pool which was great because he could sit in the room and still see the kids playing in the pool. I was at the pool with them, but he could enjoy watching without having to go down. The room had a fridge, microwave, sofa bed, table & chairs.

The front desk clerk was excellent, very professional and helpful.

Just wish I'd made reservations then for our next trip because when I tried this morning, they were already booked for that weekend.

• Liked — Staff, Breakfast bar, clean room, available fridge & microwave
  • Disliked — nothing was problematic
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fuquay-Varina
Quality Inn Fuquay Varina
#3 of 6 in Apex
Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lillington
Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!