“Nice place.”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Nice little out of the way place. We got the gingerbread loaf and cookies which were good but they also have specialty pizzas and breakfast which look tasty. Nice people and service. Looked great for breakfast or lunch on the go.

There are newer reviews for Gingerbread House Bakery & Pizza

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I get pizza here every time we go to Hatteras. They make their crust and use fresh ingredients. If you've never tried it, give it a shot if you're on your way to Hatteras. They only serve pizza and salad at night, so don't expect a menu of anything else. You won't be disappointed. PS- the baked goods are tasty as well. :)

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a very fun looking place only open for Breakkie and Dinner. They have been in business since 1975.

I ordered to-go one large thin crust cheese and two small deep dish with a variety of toppings on each. My kids ate the thin crust so I didn't get a chance to try that but the deep dish round pies were very cooked just right with tasty cheese!

I liked that the owners shared their Christian faith by having scripture on their menu board when you picked up your orders.

Will definitely go back here to eat next time we are in OBX and I want one of the T-shirts of the Gingerbread man in front of the Hatteras Lighthouse :-)

Reviewed June 10, 2014

When I walked in, I asked if I could be seated (reasonable request?) and I was told that I had to know what I wanted to order before I sat down. I got the sense the hostess was already losing her patience, and it's early in the season (and was early in the weekend). I ended up ordering and sitting at one of the tables (inside was very small, cramped, and crowded). Pizza was amazing and I was happy to have 1/2 of it to take back home with me and have for lunch the next day. I would definitely recommend takeout.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I ordered a cake for my mothers birthday while we were in The OBX for vacation. I also grabbed some apple fritters. The fritters were good. The cake was ready as promised. It was really, really good. I might say one of the best cakes I have ever had. I'm no calorie counter so I'm not shy at the desert table. This cake was great. Thank you for making my moms night that much better by having such a great cake ready.