“Great Time...Awesome Horses and Guides!!!!”
Review of Equine Adventures

Equine Adventures
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Frisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Horseback riding on the beach. Ride through the Buxton Maritime forest out to the pristine beaches of Hatteras Island. We offer 2 hour guided horse tours daily. Reservations are required and are available online as well as by phone.Open year round. Join us for a ride and see the island from a different perspective. All levels of riders accommodated and appreciated.
Virginia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Time...Awesome Horses and Guides!!!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My daughter, who is ten, and I drove 4 hours for this and it was worth it. The horses were gentle and well behaved....which was important since my daughter had never ridden horses. The scenery was pretty, especially when you get to the beach. The guides were also very helpful. I would highly recommend this activity for anyone vacationing in the OBX.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank SCgirlatheart1

Marriottsville, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great ride for beginner to advanced riders.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love the view of anything through the ears of a horse. I have ridden with them twice, once years ago and again recently. Equine Adventures is great from booking through the ride. They are more than willing to answer any questions you have before and during your ride. They take your background riding wise so they can match you with a good horse. If you are a beginner rider they can put you on a mount that will keep a nice steady pace and allow you to truly enjoy the view and experience. If you are a more experienced rider they can place you on a more "interactive" ride. The horses are all ready when you arrive to sign release forms and pick out a helmet. They are well cared for and seem to enjoy their jobs. You climb on and enjoy a ride through the woods to the beach. When you get close they stop to check the tack and make sure everyone is doing well. Once you cross the dune onto the beach you break off into two groups. One for the people who want to keep a slow pace and another for the people who want to pick it up with a trot and canter. After a ride on the beach you head back along the same trail. They also pair with a great photographer that will meet you on the beach to take pictures of your adventure. I would suggest them to anyone, you won't regret it!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank gross5063
Auburn Hills, Michigan
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A memory that will last forever.”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I have owned horses since I was nine years old, that's fifty-two years. It has always been a dream of mine to canter on the beach with the wind in my hair and waves crashing. My sister-in-law had never been horseback riding before and I had my entire life. Equine adventures made it possible for us to go on a ride together by matching up the right horse for each rider and their abilities. The horses were taken care of like I would have cared for my own. The guides were knowledgable and a lot of fun. The group was small enough so we could talk, laugh and enjoy the ride like we were with long time friends. The price was more than reasonable for the quality of these beautiful animals and scenery! Kudos to the owner who really has the horses and the riders best interest and safety in mind.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank FunfromMI
Baltimore, Maryland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Like the movies!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I felt like I was in a romantic movie as my beautiful horse and I rode along the beach with my boyfriend and his horse beside me. It was an unforgettable experience that I will cherish forever.
If I vacation in the area again, I will definitely be back more than once!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Karmaisfive
Pequea, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect ride!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Cantering along the ocean was on my bucket list for a long time and I'm so glad I chose Equine Adventures to fulfill my dream! You could tell Sylvia really cared about her horses and she was an awesome guide! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Visited September 2013