“Really fun!”

Equine Adventures
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Frisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Horseback riding on the beach. Ride through the Buxton Maritime forest out to the pristine beaches of Hatteras Island. We offer 2 hour guided horse tours daily. Reservations are required and are available online as well as by phone.Open year round. Join us for a ride and see the island from a different perspective. All levels of riders accommodated and appreciated.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We chose this place because its rates and ratings where good. We arrived 15 minutes early and my mom (who wasn't riding) stayed until we rode away. My horse shasta was very well behaved and was obedient most of the trip. The ride through the forest was nice but would have been more enjoyable if I had put on more bugspray and sunscreen.once we got to the beach our instructor and 2 riders trotted . I enjoyed the ride but would suggest slathering on bugspray and putting on sunscreen. You will get jarred around but all horses do that. After the ride i wasn't sore for long but extremly tired as I had chosen the 7:30 ride and had a packed day afterwards. I am just now developing back pain from the ride but it was worth it!

There are newer reviews for Equine Adventures

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Four of us went on a 5pm ride to the beach and it exceeded our expectations. The horses were generally well-behaved and the guides were helpful in giving hints to us inexperienced riders based on each horse's personality. We rode approximately 40 min. through the woods on a well-cleared trail, then over the dunes to an stunning stretch of beach. The guides were also great about making sure we all got great pictures as the sun began to set. A wonderful experience all around!!

1  Thank cheshgal
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My 13 year old grandaughter and I cannot say enough great things about this excursion, it even beat the airboat tour in the everglades we took last year! I haven't ridden since I was a child and was perfectly comfortable riding with our guides who were very experienced and made the ride even more enjoyable. They exceeded our expectations and left us with memories to share for many years to come! We will definitely do this excursion again!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Quite an experience. My family and I rode horses on the beach for my daughter's 10th birthday. Ricki was the nice and informative young lady that led our group. We are not experienced horsemen at all; before this trip I've only been on a horse once more in the past 40 years! Everything went smoothly and according to plan. One big treat was the photographer that took several pictures of us riding along the beach. She was in her pickup beside us for a while and got some absolutely incredible pictures. She sold us the entire disc for $40; good deal! I would recommend these folks and this experience! Be sure to use the restroom before you head out; there is no stopping out to the beach or on the trip back.

1  Thank BuckHarris
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

It was greater than what I expected it to be. The ride was beautiful, even threw the woods. The beach was even better. Guides are quick and to the point with what you need to know. Pay attention and do what they say and you will be fine. You will have an aching bottom after wards, but its deff worth it.

Its a little tough to find, but using your gps and the directions they provide in the email you will find it just fine.