“I do not recommend this campground to anyone”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frisco
Frisco Woods Campground
ohio
“I do not recommend this campground to anyone”
Reviewed October 27, 2009

This campground should be shut down. The bathrooms are unsafe & were always nasty. The toilets were always overflowing onto the floors, no soap or paper towels, nails and hinges falling off, the walls were barely attached, the pool turned green and was shut down for a couple of days, there were parties all night long with people up drinking and carrying on, the staff & managers were very rude, the a/c in our cabin barely worked and it smelled awful, the picnic tables were all falling apart and dangerous, the pool deck had tons of nails sticking up through the wood, the pool furniture was falling apart also with dangerous nails sticking up, tons of golf carts flying up and down the road along with tons of fast moving traffic (where kids and people were walking too), the other bathroom has no solid floor so anyone could go up under it and be a peeping tom! No SECURITY or management whatsoever! Do not go here, I would stay away from this place. The bathrooms always smelled of sewage.

The KOA is much better and more professionally run.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lansing, MI
Reviewed October 22, 2009

This is a great campground on Hatteras Island. We were lucky enough to grab a spot on the sound and the breeze coming through our tent at night was awesome! It was also cool to see the kiteboarders out on the sound during the day. It was a bit of a drive to the northern part of the island, but it took only about an hour to get up there. The bathrooms were always clean and the staff was very friendly. My only complaint was that we had no firepit. We would have appreciated knowing ahead of time that we needed to bring our own gear to have a fire in. Also, the campsites are pretty close together and there isnt a beach for relaxing, but the access to the Frisco pier is not far down the road and you can have the beach almost to yourself.. Other than that, the campground is a great value and has a great view! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank alissakay
North Carolina
Reviewed October 6, 2009

This campground has no security, no supervision. Surfer bum employee Charlie W. Reeves crashed our site, staged a fake dog bite, made a false police report & false rabies report. We couldn't leave until the investigation was complete. The death threats started when we refused to give money. We were stalked 23 times in 48 hours even though Ward Barnett guaranteed the maniac would leave us alone. Charlie & the staff pulled a number of dangerous after-hours pranks which could have hurt someone. We ran for our lives with the aide of a Sheriff's Deputy. No apology or refunds given for our ruined vacation. One star is too generous. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
5 Thank camp7

Travelers are raving about these Frisco hotels

Ontario
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Spent 4 nights in September 2009. First 2 nights were OK; but on Saturday night we had a group two sights over from us that partied until 1:00PM. We complained to the staff on Sunday with no obvious effect. Then Sunday night this same group really partied until 3:00PM; no chance to sleep with the loud noise going on.

As we were leaving on on Monday; I dropped in to tell the staff how upset I was that nothing had been done. I didn't receive much in response so I asked for a refund on my last night's camping. The owner was there and was quite rude, said there was no way I would get any refund. When I told him I would certainly make a point of leaving some feedback; he got quite beligerant.

Over all; this was a very unpleasant experience. There's not a hope in h.... that we would ever return. And this is a Good Sam park; which was the main reason we went in the first place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank dewassinc
Richmond, VA
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We have been staying here for years and absolutely love it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank foodjunkie47
va
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We camped on site c22 sound front. We went from Labor day weekend for a total of 8 days, The weather was not the best, but the campground was very quiet and clean. My in-laws stayed in a cabin and had no complaints. The staff was very friendly. We have stayed with them for many years usually in tents this was our first RV experience. They were upgrading some of the sound front RV sites to 50 amp while we were there. I would stay here again and refer them to friends and family.

I read some of the reviews and was a little worried prior to our vacation, but we had no complaints. The bathrooms were cleaned daily. There was no trash on the campsites. No noise at night. The sound front tent sites were shaded. We had a great experience and love this campground.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jwestender
North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I reserved a tent site over the phone. After being told that I would have to pay for it in advance over the phone..I was fine with that. The man on the other end told me that I would have to cancel 72 hours in advance if I wanted my deposit back. After finding out I would not be able to make the trip, I canceled 6 days in advance. What the man failed to tell me is that they still charge you a 10% charge to even cancel. When I called to say that it would have been nice if they would have told me that, the lady on the other end was very rude and said "you probably do not remember, but you were told". With plenty of other places to camp and customer service like this, I will sure avoid this campground.

Stayed September 2009
3 Thank gunnybt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Hatteras Island Inn Buxton
#10 of 16 in Hatteras Island
Cape Pines Motel
Cape Pines Motel
#2 of 6 in Buxton

Been to Frisco Woods Campground? Share your experiences!