“Not Even Getting What You Pay For”

Budget Inn Franklinton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Franklinton
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Pros: Comfortable bed, high speed wifi, quiet, spacious, staff allowed us an extended check-out without charge
Cons: $10 pet fee (per pet per day), out-dated, mismatched furniture, staff did not offer us clean towels (They did not clean the room during our stay, but that may be because we had two dogs in the room), shower did not have hot water, room smelled like smoke
If you don't mind driving a little, I would recommend staying at a Red Roof Inn. They never charge us pet fees, and the rooms are much nicer for nearly the same price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrea C

Reviewed December 5, 2012

To start off with, I had asked for a non-smoking room, I got it, but it was in between smoking rooms on either side of it, so I smelled smoke anyway. They wanted $54/night. Not worth $30/night. It's a hotel where you would bring a prostitute to. You know the ones. The clerk is behind a plexiglass window. It's out in the boonies. No attractions anywhere within 5 miles. It's billed as a 2 star hotel, I expect a free breakfast with that, no food to be available...within3 miles of the dump. The tub didn't drain as quick as the shower ran, so you had dirty water covering your feet when you are finished showering. One of the towels had stains on it. Plastic cup was cracked, so I lost what I was drinking before I could change cups. No coffee maker, no hair dryer, cable TV with "Snowy" channels. I did not feel safe here, but since I had used a "Travel" website , the room was paid for at time of booking, so I was stuck here. My son who is a Corrections Officer told me to cut my losses and find another place stay because of the local reputation of this motel. Everyday I took all my luggage with me because I did not feel safe leaving it there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MartyV108
Reviewed October 7, 2009

This is an old motel in need of some maintenance and upgrading. But the owners do seem to be really trying to make it a nice place, and they are friendly. The bathroom is very old and in need of upgrading. The carpet is OK. The beds are new. The other furniture is in various stages of over used to falling apart. Wi-Fi works very well. Best value in the area and if all you want is a place that is clean and basic with no frills but good wi-fi, the this is a good value.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank klipspringer

Been to Budget Inn Franklinton? Share your experiences!