“Little bit of awesome.”

Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Franklin
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great little place to eat! The atmosphere is quaint and the staff very attentive and courteous. Couldn't believe it was this good since it was connected to a gas station and convenience store, but once inside we forgot all about that!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We traveled 1.5 hours from Maggie Valley, NC to get to this restaurant. It did not take reservations and it was attached to a "Hot Spot" gas station. Were we crazy? The answer is that we were surprised that we loved the food and the atmosphere! French bread delightful. Crab Soup beyond belief and soft shell crab was one of the best I have had in a very long time. I ended the meal with Italian Wedding Cake and a Cappuccino. All just so good and well served. My 3 traveling companions had very positive experiences as well. We just kept saying, "how could this place be attached to a gas station? Oh well, it is not about the location, it is about the food. I highly recommend you give it a try. There are plenty of other items on the menu that I want to try, so I am sure to make the 3 hour round trip ride to sample another delightful dish at Caffe Rel!

1  Thank Berthabut1
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Had my doubts when I saw it was next to the Hot Spot gas station, but ended up being the best food I have ever eaten in my life. My husband and children WILL be returning here!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

When someone tells you to go to a restaurant at the "Hot Spot" Convenience store, you wonder if they are nuts. This one, though, is an absolute must if you are in the Franklin area. The crab bisque is awesome, and the sandwiches we've had - Jalapeno Turkey BLT, Gotti, Prime Rib sandwich - are excellent. I hope to go there for a full course meal at dinner sometime, as the entrees are very enticing. They are closed on Sunday and Monday, so plan your trip accordingly!
Also, they do not take credit cards - just cash and checks.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I'm not writing about the food or service. We did NOT eat there. I'm disappointed that a venue with such a high rating does NOT accept reservations. We arrived at around 5:00 and were told they could seat us. Way too early for us to dine. Gentleman old us that they were usually always slammed. I had read some great reviews about the food and several locals highly recommended this venue. We were told that we could return at our desired time and just sit out front and have some drinks until we could be worked in. Nice try. We don't drink that much anymore and who would want to sit outside a service station and drink red wine anyway. I NEVER return to fine dining establishments that do NOT accept reservations. Won't be back to this one either. They must have great food but in this age waiting around is NOT what I'm going to do. The end game is basically getting fed. Too many other places can handle that endeavor.

5  Thank RoadHogGreenville