“Oh My!”

Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Franklin
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed June 24, 2013

After reading the reviews on TA, the wife and I decided to have dinner at Caffe Rel. What can I say that has not been already said...

Simply put, the Shrimp-n-Grits I had was about the best meal I have ever eaten....period.

Service was excellent and the prices were very good. I would go back in a heartbeat.

3  Thank fsufanTally

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This restaurant has something for everyone, but not in the typical way. They have a bit of a gourmet flair and it is applied to all typed of dishes - seafood, poultry, pasta. You will not find flavor combinations anywhere else in the area. Given that it is a unique menu, it is a good value. The preparation was perfect for every item we ordered. Bring cash...no credit cards accepted. There is an ATM right next door.

1  Thank Kimberly B
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

It is so weird to see a restaurant that is not a dive located at a gas station. Once you walk in the eclectic decor invites you into a quaint restaurant that is all about the food. I had the cat fish special. It was bursting with flavor. The suace was spicy, the ham removed the fishy taste, and the noodles were cooked to perfection. Great job Chef Rel, btw, nice car.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was not expecting to be pleased with a caffe in the back of a gas station but trusted the ratings from TripAdvisor and was glad we did. What a cute place with wonderful food! We were dressed casually from our long drive from Florida and that was fine. It got busy around 5pm. Food great!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This restaurant sent two former "yankee" preppies home with pride for being adopted southerners. As Duke and UNC grads, we appreciate the chance to show off the south for its friendly elegance- something the snooty Philadelphia mainliners or Princeton preppies might not grasp. We were casually dressed and fit right in to a bustling Caffe Rel on a slow June afternoon everwhere else. Locals and tourists alike can't stay away from this remarkable place. You will read other reviews about the location and hilarious setting for such a fine culinary experience at a super reasonable , quite astonishing really, price. Excellent service too. I found this spot thru tripadvisor and will be forever grateful as we head to Franklin frequently from Cashiers. Don't miss CAFFE REL. It's a conversation piece with a friendly southern pedigree.

1  Thank SCRAPPYJupiter