“The biggest gem in Franklin” 5 of 5 stars

Caffe Rel
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Italian, French, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenville, SC
“The biggest gem in Franklin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Franklin, NC, known for it's ruby and sapphire mines, is home to one of the best restaurants that I have had the pleasure to visit. Having eaten in New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Charleston, I cannot remember a meal that I have enjoyed more regardless of price. For about $15.00 per entree you will be treated to some of the best food in the mountains. Reservations are not taken but its' worth the wait. Leave the plastic at home, they only take cash. In a gas station? Yes, but that represents the whole approach here, no pretensions, only great food at great prices. My wife agrees and says her shrimp pasta meal was one of the best meals she has ever had. This was our first visit but not our last. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013

foothills of N.C.
“Tiramisu is a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

By far the BEST Tiramisu I've had & made from scratch not shipped in. I heard about this place from a co-worker who told me it was hooked on a gas station & then read reviews from tripadvisor, I see why the reviews are so great. Stopped for lunch & had the roast beef sandwich, two thumbs up! I just wish I had time to sample the dinner menu. If I pass through Franklin again, this place will be top priority, Thank you Caffe Rel!

• Visited April 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Consistently great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We always make a point of eating at Caffe Rel when we are in Franklin. The food is consistently fabulous. Be sure you check out the specials. During our latest visit, my husband and his sister couldn't decide on which sandwich to order for lunch so he got the special (Roast Beef and Cheddar) while his sister ordered the fish sandwich, then they shared. The portion was so large, that she took half home for another meal. I got the Asian Chicken Salad, another generous portion, but I finished it all with the excellent dressing. Our only complaint is that the Asian Pork Sandwich has been retired from the menu. I've recommended Caffe Rel to others and they are never disappointed. Leave room for dessert!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Becky P
“Unique, especially for Franklin, NC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is one of our regular stops when we are in Franklin. As a drive by,you certainly will not stop at this place as it is in the back of a gas station. No problem as it is known far and wide. New Orleans style cooking in the sticks! And boy is it good! Very unique and quite a treat. We have been there several times and it is consistently great. Enjoy.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Bryan P
Franklin, North Carolina
“Restaurant with an attitude!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Well, it was great food with good prices for lunch.
The owner has a bad attitude and many of our friends have had run ins with him. We over heard how he can be. Owners need to treat their customers with respect and be friendly

Visited May 2013