“It Was Fine For Overnight”
Review of Carolina Motel

Carolina Motel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Georgia
“It Was Fine For Overnight”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

This is your typical "Mom & Pop" motel so it is a little dated but it was VERY, VERY clean and trust me I am very particular about that. The room, bathroom, carpet, bed linens all clean and fresh. You can certainly tell they take pride in keeping everything in good shape.

Our only issue is that the heating is a wall unit, so we had problems getting the temp adjusted. But once we found our "comfort zone" all was well.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank nanapopdavis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sharpsburg, Maryland
Reviewed October 27, 2010

My wife and I drove in from Nags Head (12 hrs) and were exhausted from the drive and the antique shopping of the day. Room was huge and the beds were so nice. My wife loved the place. Breakfast had no protein, but included yogurt and fresh fruit. Held us until lunch. Stayed two days. Owner was very helpful - recommended just the right things for our two day stay. Great place. Too far for a weekend, but if we get down that way again, would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
gainesville FL
Reviewed September 8, 2010

The decor is a little dated (80's) but the rooms are spacious and immaculate. The pool area is very nice and there's a really great fenced play area for kids. Close to but cheaper than staying in Highlands it worked perfectly for us. There's breakfast offered in the morning which we didn't take advantage of so I can't comment on. The room has a good sized TV, wireless, mini frig and microwave. Hairdryers were available for the asking at the front desk. Very affordable, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Manateeville
Reviewed August 23, 2010

For 15 years my Sister and I have always stayed at the Carolina Motel on our way to our annual October trip in the Great Smoky Mountains area. We have always found the motel to be a pleasant place to stay except for one year when we decided to rent one of the cabins in the rear of the complex and found mice running wild.

My sister was diagnosed with a Disability and on our arrival at the motel we were told that her dog was not allowed. We told the person at the desk that a Service Animal is not a pet. The ADA requires an establishment to modify their "no pets" policy to allow the use of a service animal by a person with a disability. The service animal must be permitted to accompany the individual with a disability to all areas of the facility where customers are normally allowed to go. An individual with a service animal may not be segregated from other customers. We even showed the certificate designating the dog as a Service Animal. Against the rules of the ADA the front desk person questioned my sisters disability which is in complete violation of the ADA. The front desk person, after speaking on the phone with the Manager, told us that we could not stay at the motel with the Service Dog and furthermore they were going to still charge us for the night. After much discussion we were told that they would not charge us for the night but we could not stay there. I would hope by now the staff at the Carolina Motel have been educated on the ADA. What they did was illegal and in complete violation of the law. I would not recommend this motel to anyone especially those that care about how people with Disabilities are treated.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
8 Thank CruiseDuckies
Lexington, NC, USA
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Carolina Motel was one of the cleanest motels we've stayed in. I didn't hesitate for my kids to stay there. Bathrooms were clean, floor was clean, sheets were soft and homey. Staff was very nice and helpful. Continental breakfast was great also. Mattress and pillows comfy. Pool and playground were great for the kids! Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank keverhart298
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We selected this hotel after reading reviews and found the place to be very nice. It was clean, large, and surprisingly very quiet once in the rooms (It is on the main highway so a lot of traffic noise). Normally hotel walls are very thin. Pool was nice and deep with curved walls. Only negative we had was our room was right next to the employee's supply room or something like and the ice machine so there was constant walking back and forth and/or standing around in front of our window.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I have stayed in many hotels over the years (at least a dozen nights per year), but this is one of my best experiences! The rooms are very large and EXTREMElY clean. Locally owned, you can tell the owner takes a lot of pride in owning and personally operating this hotel. It is a beautiful hotel that reminds me of the great vacation travel experiences I had traveling with my parents in the days before interstates. The grounds and buildings are VERY neat, up-to-date, and well maintained. I looked at other hotels in the area, but chose this one based on reviews like this one. I was a little apprehensive since it was not a big chain hotel, but when arriving in town, I happened to notice a brochure for the hotel in one of the local businesses. I mentioned that I would be staying there that night and was told about it's great reputation and how highly regarded the business is in the local community. If you are looking for a great overnight experience without the high cost and dullness of a big chain hotel, this is the place to stay. This is the way all hotels should be.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant
Gateway Inn & Suites
Gateway Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Dillard

Been to Carolina Motel? Share your experiences!