“Neat, Clean and Comfortable”
Review of Carolina Motel

Carolina Motel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Atlanta, Georgia
“Neat, Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We ate our dinners out by the pool. Very nice. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were updated. Staff was terrific. Excellent price and would stay there again. Fridge and microwave in rooms. Always coffee in the lobby. Good breakfast included.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peter E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a very basic roadside motel that has a lot going for it. The staff was very accommodating, friendly and helpful. The room was basic with a couple maintenance issues but nothing I couldn't overlook considering the reasonable price and nice location. Faint musty odor in room that I couldn't pinpoint a cause. Desk clerk thought it was from the woods out back. They have two very nice cabins out back for a larger family. Bring a blow dryer if needed, my room did not have one. Some rooms have mini refrigerators. Cabins have full kitchens. Breakfast was fairly elaborate with fruit, cereals, french toast (reheat in microwave), yogurt, etc. I'm sure I'll return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MFD812
Madison, MS
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at Carolina Motel for one night on our way home. It was a very quaint, clean motel and the staff were so friendly. We will definitely stay there again if in that area. The next time I will ask for a room that is not on the end by the road because of the heavy traffic. It wasn't too bad, but I would think the rooms facing the road would be quieter.

Room Tip: There is quite a bit of traffic on the road in front of the motel. I would suggest asking for a roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsSwany
Alton, Virginia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel is still great. The staff is great and the rooms are still great. This is why we stayed a second time. We will probably stay here next year when we go gem hunting again. This was the first time staying here for my husband and he really liked the hotel. He took the grandkids to the playground and had fun with them. He also saw the cabins in the back and spoke to the office about them. He is very interested in staying in a cabin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I travel a lot for work. I had been staying at a chain hotel in town, but when the hotel had issues with A/C I decided to stay here. I was even able to rent the one bedroom cabin for the same rate I was paying at the other hotel. It was a nice change of pace to come "home" after work rather than head back to a room. The cabin was a bit musty and (of course) smelled of cedar, but that's all part of the experience. I was delighted to have a living room, a full kitchen and a porch with rockers. The view is a bit lacking, but I did have a porch with rockers and it was nice to be able to cook in the kitchen. I hope to be able to stay in the cabin the next time I am in town. It was a nice change of pace.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GuyfromILMNC
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice affordable place to stay! If you are looking for a clean place to stay with outstanding customer service this is the place for you! We stayed in this hotel one night on our way up to lake Nantahala and it was was nicer than what I expected for the low rate.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Aimee H
Belleair, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2013

On a recent road trip across North Carolina, I stopped in Franklin to see if a motel I stayed at many years ago was still in business. Imagine my surprise to find it was and had been updated to an exceptional, accommodating motel. The manager, Debbie Drake, shared with me the trials and tribulations of bringing this place up to standards. The layout is a semi-circle with a pool out front, super clean large rooms and a complimentary continental breakfast that is a cut above most. When on road trips I like to park right in front of my room and at the Carolina Motel that's no problem. The in-room wi-fi is excellent. This location is close to all that the Franklin area has to offer, and Debbie will be more than happy to provide maps and directions. Or and I forgot to add that the prices are more than fair.

Room Tip: The last rooms #17 and #18 are large enough to accommodate a family.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DiamondLil47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant
Mountain Valley Inn
Mountain Valley Inn
#2 of 3 in Dillard

Been to Carolina Motel? Share your experiences!