“Great Room!”
Review of Carolina Motel

Carolina Motel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The place was spotless!....The pool, ect was great. Had very friendly staff. Was very friendly when answering our questions about the area. Check in was very easy. Would most defiently stay here again and would recommend them to our friends.

Room Tip: Although it is an older motel....the rooms had been updated. The A/C works great!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie L

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This isn't a fancy place. But it's clean, and has great rates. Excellent mex restaurant across the road.

It's an older place, well kept. The staff were pleasant, and very helpful.

Liked it so much we stayed there two nights instead of the originally planned single night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Drif10
Reviewed July 1, 2012

A great place to stay while visiting the North Carolina mountains. Clean rooms and nicely furnished. Nice continentel breakfast and a nice pool to cool down during the summer. The staff is very nice and very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Just wanted to let traverls know that this is the best motel in the NC mountains. Our family has stayed many, many times and plan on trying to make reservations for next weekend, and have Always had the best review. We love # 20 when it is just my husband and I, and joint rooms when our young adult childern come with us.

BED BUG review what a bunch of %$#&, you need to write an apology to the owners... If you have any integrity at all , retract your review...

Please if you are in the area, this is the place to stay !!

Robin and Ed W.
Dahlonega, GA

Room Tip: no fitness center, sorry for the error
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank robinDahlonega
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I've thought long and hard about writing this. I suppose the long and short of it is this: Carolina Motel has a policy which they do not publish on their website or convey to their staff. Well, I have a policy too. I do not recommend or do business with people who do not care about Customer Service or taking responsibility for their stuff.
I travel to Franklin often and have always had wonderful service at the old Franklin Hotel. When I found it was closed I searched for another place to make frequent stays. Carolina Motel seemed such a place. It’s clean and has a pretty setting. I stayed there last month and it was nice.
I told the guy on duty that I would be returning in July. He said great – glad to have ya. So yesterday I called to reserve a room for one night (it’s all I need), and the nice lady handling the phones told me about the only room left. When I got ready to reserve it she informed me that she couldn’t actually take my credit card info because she was just a Housekeeper. I asked –“So you have no management of any kind actually on duty who can take a reservation?” No, she was the only one there. She promised that the Manager would be in around 2:00 and would call me back to reserve. I asked her to be sure –“write it down” – because I wanted to definitely get that room. Well by the time 4:00 rolled around I called back. The guy (a Manager?) informed me that Carolina Motel has a 2-day minimum, and nothing he could do about it. I called back today to give them the opportunity to fulfill what they should have done yesterday. I got a totally disinterested Manager (I think her name was Debbie, but she was in such a hurry to get off the phone that I couldn’t confirm). She was not interested, stating that she was busy; she didn’t care what I had been told yesterday by the person on duty; and that policy was policy.
As I said earlier, I have a policy too.
My complaints are the following: Dismal Customer Service; Failure of Management to take responsibility; Failure of Management to fulfill verbal agreements; Failure of Management to promptly return phone calls; Refusal of Management to attempt to address customer grievances; Placing a Housekeeper in a position to have to try to handle Front Desk duties for which she was not trained. Failure to keep a Front-Desk person/ manager on-site to handle customer questions, grievances, etc.
And the most grievious issue, and the one that will keep me from ever going back to Carolina Motel was the disrespect and total lack of concern for the predicament I was put in because of this motel Manager’s poor management skills.
I’m guessing that a simple phone call to a supervisor would have taken care of the issue

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank Kim B
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The rooms were large, clean, and nicely furnished. The prices were good. The rooms were all painted last year with a big screen in the room. The breakfast was a normal continental one , bagel, toast, muffins, fruit, yogurt, orange juice. No milk. There was only one thing wrong with this place, that was no alarm clock (?!). There is an automated wake up call but you really need an alarm clock.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We booked this hotel through Hotels.com and requested Pet Friendly hotel. They are NOT pet friendly. So we went down the road and found a pet friendly hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank brat4frnd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
Knights Inn Dillard
Knights Inn Dillard
#3 of 3 in Dillard
Americas Best Value Inn

Been to Carolina Motel? Share your experiences!