“Unexpected Diamond in the wilderness”
Review of Carolina Motel

Carolina Motel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Nashville TN
“Unexpected Diamond in the wilderness”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We normally stay at another hotel in Franklin but they were sold out so we tried the Carolina. Thank goodness the other was booked else we would have missed this great motel. The rooms were very clean; the staff very helpful; the rates very reasonable.

We had a king sized bed that was very comfortable; microwave and fridge. Older but in great shap bathroom. Flat screen TV on the wall. Rooms were quiet. Hotel off the beaten path.

Free breakfast was what you would expect - coffee, juice, carbs.

Staf was very friendly. Pool area clean, nice colorful lights; chairs everywhere for people to sit and enjoy the evening.

We plan to return to the hotel in the near future.

Room Tip: Get the upgraded rooms. Worth every penny of the $10. And that's still a bargain.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kmagg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Warner Robins, GA
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Although an older facility, the motel has been recently renovated. It is clean, has most of the amenities (fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, etc) and has a "can do" staff that can't be beat. Add the fact that you pay much less than motels in the surrounding area and you've got a great value. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Pay an extra few bucks and get a large TV.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gatorsjimandann
Henderson, NV
Reviewed April 3, 2012

What an amazing weekend!!! March 30th to April 1st it was my pleasure to stay in the one bedroom cabin at The Carolina Motel. It was so cozy, clean and comfortable I hated to leave to visit family. The cabin had everything I needed and then some. Next time I'd like to stay for a month and have my family visit me in the cabin! Much thanks to Debbie and her staff for a great weekend.
Susan Russo

Room Tip: The cabins are my new favorite. I would highly recommend the cabins especially for families with yo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank sebaru
Londonderry, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We recently spent some time visiting our family in Franklin NC and we stayed at the
Carolina Motel. It was over the Christmas holiday season. We did not expect much because we know that the town is very quiet this time of the year. We had (2) rooms and we asked for them next to each other which we did get. This is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The bathroom was so clean that I let the kids take a bath in it and that is something I never do unless we are at home. The beds were so comfy and bedspreads were clean could smell that they were just washed. We had to leave a couple days before Christmas but I would not hesitate to go back to this hotel. And they served French Toast for breakfast which the children loved, so did my husband and myself. It is nice to know that we have found somewhere to stay the next time I just hope it stays the same. The girls working there were great too, they gave us a lot of information about concerts
and restaurants. We went to a Christmas Concert right up the street. We checked in on December fifteenth and left on the twentieth.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Sue V
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I visited this motel a week before the Christmas. At the first time, I was glad to their concerns on our late arriaval. They left a key on the door of office so that I was able to enter in the room. Everything was fine before my wife cought a bug on the bed. We didn't know that it was a bedbug because we have never seen it before in our life. But, I finally got to know what it was when I visited ER because of accute skin rash on the Christmas Eve. The doctor told me that it is very classicial symptom of "bedbug bites." In addition, very unfortunately, some of them was carried to home.

As a result, we had to cancel all the plans for holidays. We suffered from itchy skin, cleaned up bed room again and again, and spent a lot of money for it. I don't want to blame this motel for all of unlucky things I have experienced. But, the worst thing is responsless manager of the motel. I have sent e-mail three times, but as you expect, there was no answers.

I write this review for you. Be careful. It is Carolina "BedBug" Motel. And, there would be no treatment if problem happens.

Room Tip: Avoid Room number 5. It is where I stayed.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Shine724
debbiedrake, General Manager at Carolina Motel, responded to this review, January 22, 2012
I am sorry that you did not receive an response to your email. Our office closed for the season on 12-23-11. After investigating your complaint, I do believe that your stay with us was on 12-17. We had not received any emails from you prior to 12-23-12. On 12-30-11 our hotel was
exterminated as a final extermination by contract for the 2011 year. I have checked and there
were not any problems noted on the room that you stayed in. However, I would like to thank you
for this notification. It is a very serious problem, since bed bugs do not come from hotels, rather from being carried into hotels. If we do not police this problem this is when they can get out of control. As I am sure that you have read previous reviews about our hotel and notice that cleanliness and attention to detail is a priority for us. During the time that we are closed all of
our rooms are being stripped of the present wallpaper and being repainted. I will also have
all rooms examined again by the exterminators and treated if necessary.
Thank you very much for the time that you have taken to write this review.
Deborah M Drake
Carolina Motel
Clemson, South Carolina
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Our stay at the Carolina Motel in Franklin, NC was relaxing and especially clean. The lady at the front service desk was about as nice as you could ask for. It was quiet and reasonably priced. The stay included a continental breakfast consisting of muffins, french bread, bagels, orange juice, coffee and fruit. If you want a nice, clean, reasonably price place to stay, I recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I just can't give this place more than 3 out of 5. It really is just a clean, non-chain motel - but that is fairly rare to find so this place is still recommended.

Pros:

* Cheap - we paid under $80/night in peak Fall season.
* Huge room with multiple chairs and some nice, if slightly tattered and mismatched accent pieces.
* Clean and well taken care of property.
* Bed was comfortable.

Cons:

* Location - you couldn't really walk to anything (but that's to be expected in these parts).
* Aloof staff - no one was there when I checked out.
* There was no parking when we checked-in so we had to park on the grass. No big deal, really, but a nuisance if the place is fully booked.

Overall this place is a great choice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
#6 of 12 in Franklin
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant

Been to Carolina Motel? Share your experiences!