See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 22, 2017

When my five siblings and I decided to get together for a reunion, we chose Sleepy Hollow Mountain Cabins-again! We had gathered there one other time for the same purpose and we had enjoyed it so much we hardly considered going elsewhere. Once again it was enjoyed by all! We came with our spouses, children and grandchildren and had reserved all (7) the cabins. Once again we were impressed with the beauty of the grounds and the care given to the cabins and surrounding property! It is not a "fancy" place but the cabins are all nice and have all the furnishings and amenities we needed to enjoy ourselves! The kids had all kind of room to run and play (while we sat on the front porches and watched). The owners furnished all kind of games to keep them occupied and were quick to answer our questions and provide us with any information we needed. It was nice having the owners living on site and you can see the care they put into the grounds! If you are looking for a place to kick back and relax without all the hustle and bustle of the city, this is the perfect place. You will still be close enough to the town of Franklin to go grab a bite to eat or see the sights in the surrounding area. Even though it is not a luxurious resort where you are waited on hand and foot, it is an excellent place to rest, relax and enjoy the surrounding beauty! Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Joyce C
Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

The cabins are secluded out in the country about 10 miles from town so they were nice and quiet. The accommodations are fair at best nothing fancy. There is way to many decorations and furniture pieces in the cabin, it made it feel cramped and confined with 6 adults we were bumping into stuff all the time. The beds needed new mattresses. The showers are in need of new plumbing fixtures. On a plus side the owners were easy to deal with and onsite if we needed anything. We stayed 4 days in cabin #1. The price was reasonable for the area.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2015

What an absolute joke this place is. They call it a resort, more like a nightmare. There is absolutely NO way you can fish or mine in their tiny creek, you would be lucky to wade past your ankles. The backyard of the cabin we stayed in is used for storage, complete with an extension cord running out of the window. There was junk piled up high behind the cabin as well. Dangerous for anyone with small children and was totally unusable. The cabin next to ours had a swing which we used. After hearing cracking, we realized the tree is rotting and I can't believe it did not fall, the swing needs to be taken down. There are plenty of wasp nests and other hazards, including allowing visiting dogs to run free and terrorize guests.
The Cowee Creek trout pond across the road is closed down, and it has been for some time, even though it is still advertised as a local attraction on the web site. The manager was rude when asked about the hours of the trout pond. (come to find out the old owner is dying and have known this for some time) We drove out of our way based on what we were told was available. We could have vacationed anywhere else but here. Complete waste of money. We nearly left the first day and let them have the deposit. There was a few mis-matched game items that if you had a large crowd, could possibly engage in some fun, but this place is over priced. I was told I could have my choice of gas or charcoal grill, but the manager said there was no charcoal grill available. You are charged a hefty price for wood, and beware of wolves ... we had an unpleasant visit at our last night at the campfire.
There was a fight between the manager and another guest, we overheard this manager tell the other guest he talked to much and had to leave. It was tense, not enjoyable and I still feel this was the worst vacation I have ever had. There is nothing at all in Franklin, and the mines are just hype. There is no internet at the cabins either. This is a total lie. The manager shares his password for his personal internet and their cabin is too far away to get any reception. The cable is satellite so on a rainy day, no cable either. If you are coming from the north, the GPS will take you down a very dangerous mountain service road that can get you killed. If you have board kids RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay out of here!!!

Room Tip: Don't rent this place!
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank joan e
stanaland, Owner at Sleepy Hollow Mountain Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2015

I am Deanna, my Husband Chuck and I own Sleepy Hollow Cabins.

This review is partly true, partly exaggerated, and some is fabricated.

We bought the Cabins in 2006 and completely restored them. We threw away everything from spoons to couches. We were very proud of them. They were immaculate, and the grounds looked like a Golf Course.

In 2012 my husband became very ill and we had to hire a management team so I could bring him to our home in Florida for his care. Over the next 3 years we had two different couples running the cottages.

This Sept. due to rumors and hints that things might not be as good as they should we went back and took them back over. We were Heart Broken when we found the condition of the grounds and the cleanliness of the cabins. Nothing was stocked properly. True, the spices were pitiful! Things were worn out. AC Filters had not been touched for over a year. Baseboards, and decorations had not been dusted and there was so much garbage and junk in the back by the barn it took us a week to burn and haul to the dump all of the piles that were just tossed out there. It was horrible.

Things like swings had not been maintained. There was no longer a Charcoal grill on the property, plenty of charcoal but no grill.

Now for exaggerations. We have Never advertised anyplace that you can fish in our creek! We have a lot of people who mine in it but you don’t mine in a deep creek.

We have never allowed dangerous dogs. Our neighbor has some wonderful dogs that come visit occasional but they are not dangerous. They are Spaniels. And we do rent to Lab owners.

As far as wasp nest, you should have told the manager right away and I hope that he would have taken care of it. Wasp are a part of nature in the Mountains. I doubt if you have a lot of those in Chicago.

I was under the impression that Mr. Al at the trout farm had his helper coming down to open the gates when people wanted to fish. I did not know that he was completely closed. We have the Great Smokey Mountain Fish Camp a couple of miles away that the manager should have told you about.

We do have internet at the cabins and I am sorry that the manager did not make sure that you were connected. Our TV is reliable and rarely goes down unless the weather is very bad.

Now the wolves! I have no idea where that came from. We have never had a wolf sighting. I would think you would have been screaming bloody murder. It must have been Molly the friendly chocolate Lab!

Sorry your GPS has not been updated and took you down that service date. I highly recommend that you call the manufacture and update your unit.

Have no idea about any argument between the manager and a guest but we certainly do not condone that and the manager is no longer there.

We are back in control. The grounds are beautiful, The cabins are immaculate. The spices are plentiful and fresh. We will be planting an herb garden in the spring. We will be replenishing all of the family yard games in the spring. We do a daily check for cob webs and wasp nest.

If anyone has any questions about this review feel free to call me at 727 642 7120.

Reviewed July 12, 2015 via mobile

Loved the place. The Owner is awesome he is very welcoming. Very Clean cabin. Real Close to town and several activities. The Cabin is small but it is very well laid out. Has all that you will need.........................................

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Arsenio A
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This place was great, realy clean and tidy cabins ,well worth the cost, and the area was real super cool ,with lots of gem mines close to hand , whish could of stayed longer ,but will be back for sure, the couple who run this, was very helpful in helping us get around and telling us were and were not to go ...

Room Tip: cabins come in 1 bed up to four bed , all very well took care of ..
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends